Dome or Gym top?

Dome or Gym top?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Dome or Gym top?

• Dome
    • Gym

Hi everybody,

It's me AGAIN!!

I think I'm going to buy a Montana Hacienda cage!! The question is; do I get the dome top or the gym top?

Any advice/opinions will be greatly received and I promise not to mention cages again; for a while anyway!!!

Thank you

Ali :D

Hi ya,

Yes please, that would be great. If anyone has any opinions though, I'd like to hear them, i.e. pros and cons of each type of top.

Thank you

Ali

:D

Gym top I have heard can be dark as tray on top to catch dropping from gym, but suppose you could remove that :?: dome top slightly more room as in height :?

I voted gym top though, thats what I would buy :D

I think it depends on the bird, if your bird loves to play and would use the gym top then i would go for that, if your bird is like my CAG and loves to spend hours playing statues then i would go for the dome top. There isnt really i right and wrong answer it depends on the bird.

I've got both and I voted gym top :wink: I've taken the tray off the top, so it's not too dark inside the cage. My cockatoo lives in the gym top and spends most of his time on top. The other nice thing is that there are the food bowls on top, so they don't have to waste valuable playing time going back downstairs if they get peckish :wink: :lol:

This is really interesting, yes I know I'm a sad oh!!! :oops:

I thought the opinion might be against the gym top as;

A. It makes the cage so dark

B. It makes the inside space of the cage a lot smaller

C. They could use a play stand instead

D. The birdie would be higher than you, (In my case!!)

Thanks for all you replies so far.

Alison

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure...

I voted dome top. I am also concerned that getting a gym top will make Bertie much higher than me, I can barely get him off the top of his cage now! I also think that as he already has a dome top, it won't be so much of a big change for him, he loves hanging upside down from it! I love the idea of the gym top but he has other areas where he plays so I can't really see him choosing that over the other places. I also prefer the shape and the way the dome top generally looks over the gym top.

Allie

Thank you for all your help and advice.

I have opted for a dome top for several reasons, here's a few;

Zu has play stands that he likes and can be moved around the house.

I don't want him higher than me when he is out of his cage.

Zu sleeps in a "Chube" in the dome part of his present cage and if I put that in a gym top it will take up an awful lot of space.

I want him to have as much space inside the cage as possible for when I'm not at home.

Thanks again for all your help.

Lets just hope I don't change my mind :roll:

Ali

:D