Sign in to follow this  
Abez

Abez has passed on

MadMudMob says ..... Rob has requested that this be placed here as a thread rather than in a section of it's own as he feels Abez wanted as little fuss as possible

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our site owner, David, says .... We have received the sad news that our friend Abez has passed away. He has bravely endured his illness with the humour that we have come to expect. Abez was a founder member of our forum and a Moderator for some time. We will remember his kindness and support for others and his spicy sense of humour. RIP mate

To light a candle for Abez .... https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/18536-light-a-candle/

This is Rob .... Abez woke this morning at about 4am he was talking on and off for a few minutes in a foreign language and at 10 past 4 he told us he loved us all and closed his eyes and passed away. His 2 sisters Janet and Karen were there and his younger brother Martin, myself and my Mum also. I promised Steve I would let you know when he left. Steve has slept a lot lately but he has said he had no pain. A few weeks ago I went out and bought 3 memory boxes, things you fill with keepsakes when someone dies, I will put some of his and your posts in one of them cos I know he loved this place and many people here too. I don't know what is in front of me in the future but I think I will never find another like Steve.

Thank you each one of you for being around when Steve needed you, he truly loved you all.

Rob xxxxxx

I edited this because I made a mistake rob xxxx

So very sorry for your sad loss Rob - although expected, it's still a terrible shock when it happens :cry:

I'm sure I, like many others here who never actually met Steve felt as though I new him well :) he will be greatly missed, my thoughts are with you and Steve's family x

R.I.P. Steve xx

So very Rob , Steve must have felt at peace knowing he was surrounded by people who loved him , he will be sorely missed by everybody here , I'm sure you must feel some relief knowing he was and will now not be in anymore pain, my thoughts are with you all at this time.

R.I.P. Steve

Our thoughts are with you all as well. I only hope that when my turn comes around I can face it with as much courage and dignity ( and humour!) as Steve showed.

Philip & Susie

:cry: Rob, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Abez was one in a million. His courage inspired me and helped me put things in my life into perspective. My thoughts are with you xx

RIP Steve xx

Dearest Rob, Steves pasing was peaceful and in the company of those he loved most.

From that alone I pray you will find the strength you need right now to complete his journey.

I know I can say from every member here who's life was touched by him that we send all the healing vibs we can to you. You were a huge part of who and what he became.

This is not the end of a chapter just the begining of a new one and would hope from time to time you find yourself able to pop in and just let us all know you are okay.

With love

I am so sorry Rob, my heart goes out to you and Steve's family at such a difficult time.

The news is what I have been dreading to see, along with many others here each and everytime I have signed in, I knew it was going to happen but its still a shock.

Steve was unique & holds a very special place in our hearts here at Parrot Link, and whatever the future holds for you Rob, I hope you find peace, happiness & love again one day.

We are all here for your Rob, and personally I would like to thank you for letting us know so soon, when your heart must be breaking.

With a huge hug, Jackie xxxxx

RIP my ickle friend x

Dear Rob

I'm struggling to find the words to say what's in my heart.

Steve was a very special man who I had the honour of calling friend. I will miss him as I know many others who's lives he touched will also.

He has made his journey home where he can now live - for his spirit will never be gone - in the happiness and fine health he deserves.

My love goes to you Rob and all his family and friends. You are all very much in my thoughts and prayers.

Take the very best of care my friend.

Louise and family.

xxxx

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=6371525

Posted Image

Condolences on your loss........if we could all choose how to go when our time comes,it would be pain free at home surrounded by people we love,abez got that wish..........lucky man!

So sorry for your loss Rob :cry:

I followed Steve's story and was touched and inspired by his humour and bravery in the face of such adversity.

As others have already said, your bravery is much appreciated for carrying out Steve's wishes to let the people at Parrotlink know of such sad news when your grief must be so raw. My thoughts are with you and the rest of the family x

Its already been said by the others.

He been in my thoughts too even though we never met.

R.I.P Steve. and my love and thoughts are with u Rob and the rest of his and your family.xxx

Love Cathy and family

I really don't think I can say more than has been said already.

The world is a little poorer for the loss of such a strong man of such faith.

I, too, hope you will stay around, Rob.

God bless you all.

Debs x

p.s. don't forget to collect all those pets at Rainbow Bridge, Steve...

i can never find the right words at times like this both you and steves family are in my thoughts and prayers. i never met steve only knew him through here but i feel truly blessed that i got to know him through this forum. I think he was an inspiration to us all the way he handled his illness with dignity and so much courage.Take care rob and R.I.P steve god bless you both (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob,

Steve was a huge help to me earlier in the year when i lost 2 very dear friends, even through all of what you were both going through he always found time to PM me with comforting words and he did help ease some of the pain, He was a truly wonderful person and i very grateful for the love and support he showed even at a time when most people would only think of themselves

RIP Steve , sleep easy xx

love and best wishes to you, Rob, and Steve's family

Such sad news ... all my thoughts are with you Rob and hope you have the strength and courage to face life without someone like Steve .. i think we must have all been touched by someone with so much to give and always had courage to face each day ... he will be well remembered by so many :) xxxxxxx

Im so sorry for your sad news Rob, but as others have said his passing was peaceful surrounded by people he loved and was loved by, I hope you can find some comfort at such a sad time. Steve is going to be busy for a while as he has a lot of birdies waiting to meet him at rainbow bridge.

Feel no pain Steve let the love of others surround you, and look down now and again and smile at us cos we will be smiling when we think of you.

much love to you Rob and all that loved Steve.xxx

Dear Rob, there really is nothing that I can add that has not already been mentioned by the other folks. As you see he was well loved and respected by all including myself. There is one thing—approximately 3 years ago Steve was the first to pm me about what I can not remember, his words were very inspirational and witty too, I loved that about him.

He signed as “your friend abez.” At that particular moment I felt a special bond with abez. He was truly a friend and that friendship I treasure. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your and Steve’s family. I do hope you pop in every once in awhile and let us know how you’re doing.

Abez’s friend, Debxxx

My dearest Rob,

Steve touched the heart of so many people here not only for his advice and good nature but for his love of parrots.

You know that you both hold a big place in my heart and always will.

In memory of him I promise to always ensure that his beloved Mango and Fred have the best life possible.

I am proud to have known you both and send you love my heart felt wishes that you find peace and the happy future that I know Steve wanted for you.

Please give his family and friends my condolences, take care dear Rob.

love June, Fred and Mango xxxxxxx

When I am dead, my dearest,

Sing no sad songs for me:

Plant no roses at my head,

Nor shady willow tree:

With the green grass above me

With showers and dewdrops wet;

And if my love for you,you remember,

Then I go without regret.

I shall not see the shadows,

I shall not feel the gentle rain;

I shall not hear the nightingale

Sing on, so sweetly yet;

But dreaming through the twilight

of the life I spent with you.

And if my love for you, you remember,

Then I go without regret.

Raise a glass to Abez .....

His caring ways kept me sane when I felt mad, his humour made me smile again whenever I felt sad. Plain and simply put he cared - for everyone all of the time.

He touched our lives in our Parroty Place right from his first post when he had just got his Orange Wing Amazon and it was a pleasure to see him learn and grow into a parrot keeper extraordinaire.

To dear Rob who must feel so very alone right now ..... love and hugs from all of our Parroty Family and huge thanks for meaning so much to Abez - you enriched his life, gave comfort at his passing, will forever be the holder of his memories here.

So, raise a glass to Abez, folks .... one fine bloke Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image