Sign in to follow this  
south_coast_crazy

the credit crunch has hit us big time

My husband Mark, went into work this morning and everything was as normal (hes a carpenter who works for a company who make timber frames, floor cassettes etc for the building trade) at 4.10 this afternoon a meeting for all the staff was called and they were told the company had gone into liquidation and they were no longer employed. The liquidators had the cheek to ask the guys to sweep up and put everything away before leaving!! Needless to say a few things were said. They are all owed wages and may get some of it, but they will have to apply to the government redundancy fund and it may take as much as 2 months to get whatever they are told they can have. Looks like saving to move will have to be put on hold. Hopefuly mark can find another job quickly but he loved what he was doing and wont find anything like it again.

Wendy

I'm so sorry to hear this Wendy.

It is a worrying time for all of us but I do wish the media wouldn't hype things up - it just makes it worse.

Big hugs.

Debs x

Sorry to hear that - a good joiner will always find work.

Sadly I don't think the media are hyping the recession - its already started.

That's bad news a lot of my friends are in the building game and are struggling but i think it's the same for everyone

I have done 42 cars and 29 houses more repossessions than this time last year

and i have turned a lot down :shock: