Sign in to follow this  
debrambell

From the Yank (Happy 4th of July)

A Topic and Chat, but maybe not of "General Interest" :D

Happy Birthday to us, Happy Birthday to us, Happy Birthday America!!! :lol:

Happy Independence Day ---- 4th of July---let all the activities begin :lol::lol:

p.s. careful Potty's mum-refrain yourself :wink:

Potty's mum I knew you would come through :lol:

I too really enjoyed the movie "Independence Day"

but I preferred the one about the Boston tea party :wink: . of course we had to disguise it as our American Indians doing the deed.

no truly the vast majority of Americans consider the British (and their Empire :wink:) our greatest ally.

there are very few folks nowadays that can recall the actual incident that started the Revolutionary War and why.

today, celebrated with family and friends.cook-out, lots of Bruce Springsteen, John Melencamp, fireworks, games, beer and more beer, etc :lol: :roll: :lol:

:D/

today, celebrated with family and friends.cook-out, lots of Bruce Springsteen, John Melencamp, fireworks, games, beer and more beer, etc :lol: :roll: :lol:

:D/

Sounds Wonderful!! :D:D

hey guys sorry didnt get to wish you a happy independence day, but thought of you yesterday cos when i was at work we thought if we were in the usa we would have a day off lol!!

thanks to all (well almost all-PM) :wink: :D no hun thanks to you too.

we had an enjoyable late evening. we generally do a cook-out but not this year we went to my brothers this year. my hubby makes a killer potato salad and me some spicy pork-n-beans. my brother only lives about 5 miles away on a nice big farm. does not get dark until about 9:45pm here, which is about 3:00am UK time.

we can all sit by big campfire out in his one field and see fireworks display from nearby airport---they do a good job. including the National Guard paratroopers with the good Ole Red White and Blue streaming from which look like from the boots of the troopers circling around, right before it gets real dark. it was 8) the firework display last approx. 1 hour which is constant. anyways we had a good time