Sign in to follow this  
Liono

Regurgitation and a couple of other questions about my CAG

Hi all,

I have scanned through the topics and can't see much about regurgitation, so sorry for posting this if there is a thread somewhere!

Anyway, I have recently taken on a 3 yr old CAG he has had 2 previous homes and is still just settling in here with us, I'm determined to make him happy and feel secure for the rest of his life now.

He has several obsessive habits, he will have periods of time where he swears at himself and calls himself stupid over and over and over and gets irate, but when he has got it out of his system he's the sweetest bird ever, full of cuddles and big kisses. I'm not entirely sure of his background, I only know the past six months of it as I took him on from a family friend who is emigrating, I think his very first home was pretty dire though. He also seems to regurgitate every couple of minutes while he's perching on me, even if he's on me for an hour or so, is this normal? because it seems a little excessive!! I'm assuming he is bound to have attachment issues after being passed from pillar to post like he has been, it's nothing I can't cope with and I have plenty of time to put into looking after him but I just want to know what's normal really in regards to regurgitation!

I'm also having problems with getting him to eat fruit and veg, yesterday he managed two cherries but turns his nose up at everything else! is this something that can be rectified at all because other than just giving him a supply of fruit and veg I'm not really sure how to fix the problem!

Apologies that this is a long rambly post, I was just after a bit of advice from all you experienced wise birdy people!

Ellie

:D

Oh dear sounds like he loves you :lol:

Dont worry too much about getting him to eat friut and veg yet that will come, try to give him a good mixed diet (even human food) good vitamins and lots of love.

I think he is going to be a very lucky and happy bird. :lol::lol:

Hi 1st well done for rehoming him.

I also took in a tag last year and was told he was 3 years old. I would not worry about him eating his fruit and veg. u can always buy drops/power to put in his food. Bobby my tag will only eat his seed, grapes and apple(on a good day). he loves chips and toast.

I would not worry about him regurgitation. Maybe he know he got a new loving mum and he showing u he loves u back. Bobby only does it to my partner Rob.

if ur worried when he does his little talk to himself when he starts doing it i would try to distracted him from it by talk to him.

Thanks for the responses! take it I shouldn't be worried about the amount of regurgitation then lol....! I read the food topics, some interesting stuff for me to try there, maybe fruit kebabs first =O]

Ellie x

Perhaps offer him some of whatever you're eating (minus salt) off a spoon. Most birds love to eat off a spoon. My two absolutely adore being fed from a spoon - especially if its warm mushy food too. Be prepared for a few splashes though, the head shakes with a mashed potato beak are really something!