Sign in to follow this  
SteveL

New cage?

Hi All

I'm considering getting a much larger cage for Alfie and Elmo (who currently live in seperate cages, but are slowly getting used to being in a cage together).

Has anyone bought anything from http://www.parrot-cage.co.uk/? Their prices seem good, and they have the Palace III cage for my guys for £339, (which appears to be the biggest cage I can find with suitable bar spacing). If you have bought something from these guys, would you recommend them?

Cheers

Steve

Guest linds

haven't used them but did use http://www.parrotsandcage.co.uk and found them excellent. Put the order in on 25th, have just spoken to them and they just got back from holiday yesterday and have got the cage out today to get delivered tomorrow so i'm well impressed so far, prices are good too.

Guest linds

one thing i will say is be aware that if your birds are small - med sized they might find a palace too large. I got a doublr palace for my 2 ekkies and they were terrified there was so much space in it and didn't play just sat in a corner. I changed back to their old cage and they loved it.

Have you spotted this thread which might give a tip or two? ....

SOME SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHAT CAGE TO BUY - HOW BIG ETC©:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/11532-some-suggestions-about-what-cage-to-buy-how-big-etc/

from the INFORMATION TOPICS© section: https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/22-parrot-link-information-topics/

one thing i will say is be aware that if your birds are small - med sized they might find a palace too large. I got a double palace for my 2 ekkies and they were terrified there was so much space in it and didn't play just sat in a corner. I changed back to their old cage and they loved it.

Thanks for the input, but I feel like my two would be fine. Alfie and Elmo spend all day bouncing around in their cages going from one toy to another (and the 1/2 Yellow Pages each which has almost been completely destroyed in 1 week!). I don't think there's such a thing as too much space for a Caique! They think they own the whole house as it is! :lol:

Ours are in their cages when we're both out at work (2-3 days per week), so I think they'll benefit from the larger cage.

Steve

I agree Steve, a caique will use evey inch of whatever cage you give it. A pair of caiques even more so. Alfie and Elmo are two very lucky birds! :D

I've found the Palace with the right bar spacing for under £300 now! I'm also keeping an eye on the ebay seller who sells them, as I've seen them go for silly money, but they're not selling any of them at the moment.

All that's left is to convince Jo that we should have a cage that big in the lounge! :D

Steve

Hi All

Just thought I'd update this thread. I got a Palace type cage from ebay for a bargain price! It's in the lounge at the moment:

:arrow: http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm55/steveandjo/Alfie%20and%20Elmo/IMG_2734.jpg

As you can see, it's huge, and the W.A.F. (wife acceptance factor) is extremely low! I think we're going to have to move things around and move this cage into the dining room. Still close enough to us, and all the normal comings and goings, but not in such a noticeable area!

Steve

Cool :) That is the one with the smaller bar spacing?

Where's the birdies? :lol: :wink: Honest! cans see the caique on the right....can't see anyone on the left

:oops: 8) (that is cool emoticon, but take it as a blind one too :oops: )

Lovely set up :)

Lovely Bird(s). Whats the quality of the cage like? ive been considering one for my Macaw and Amazon. Not sure if there big enough for a Macaw though looking at that one.

Lovely Bird(s). Whats the quality of the cage like? ive been considering one for my Macaw and Amazon. Not sure if there big enough for a Macaw though looking at that one.

i have a couple of these cages living space is 32inches x 64 inches overall floor space is 6ft x 4ft though. Build quality is fine, big enough for a macaw without the seperator splitting it into 2 cages, but with it in doubtfull. I also have the corner cages he sells they would be big enough for a macaw they take up floor space of 4ft square.

southmed - good job you said that really, i nearly bought one a week or so ago. My Amazon is due a new cage, and my Macaw come with a 'Castle Dome Top' cage. Its really big but looks abit out of place in my living room. So i thought i would treat them both to one of these double cages. May have to re-think about what cage(s) to get now :(

its a huge cage never seen a bigger cage but with the divider in you end up with 2 cages 32" x 32" dont think thats big enough for a macaw?

looks like you will need 2 seperate cages if your birds dont share a cage

Cool :) That is the one with the smaller bar spacing?

Where's the birdies? :lol: :wink: Honest! cans see the caique on the right....can't see anyone on the left

:oops: 8) (that is cool emoticon, but take it as a blind one too :oops: )

Lovely set up :)

It's 2cm bar spacing on this cage.

Elmo's in his half, honest! I've circled him to show you where he was hiding!

Posted Image

There's another UV light on Alfie's side as well, but it's hidden by Alfie's copy of the Yellow Pages! :)

Steve