Sign in to follow this  
adele1312

Recycling of birds

please forgive me mods if this is in the wrong place

it is an add for unwanted birds,to be fed for the advertisers pet?

i have put it on another parrot site but just wanted your input from bird lovers,

i personely think its sick...but thats my opinon

:twisted: :twisted:

http://pets.uk.freeads.net/farm,_smallholding_+_livestock/Recycling+of+birds.+If+you+live+within+30+miles-523412.htm

= Posted ImageAlways happy to shorten links (MadMudMob)

I see this differently ... perhaps because we live deep in the countryside where it is normal for folks to (for instance) pick up a run over bunny or pheasant to use as pet food.

It comes (for me) from a strong belief that life should not be wasted, that every living thing deserves a good life and a quick, pain-free death. In some way - using the deceased as a source of food is keeping Nature's circle going, not letting the departed soul be wasted.

I also know that there has over the last few years been an increase in dog owners changing to a more natural diet for their dogs consisting of raw foods and bones etc.

I understand that you may find this upsetting and thoroughly accept that we are each entitled to our own opinions :)

I see this differently ... perhaps because we live deep in the countryside where it is normal for folks to (for instance) pick up a run over bunny or pheasant to use as pet food.

It comes (for me) from a strong belief that life should not be wasted, that every living thing deserves a good life and a quick, pain-free death. In some way - using the deceased as a source of food is keeping Nature's circle going, not letting the departed soul be wasted.

I also know that there has over the last few years been an increase in dog owners changing to a more natural diet for their dogs consisting of raw foods and bones etc.

I understand that you may find this upsetting and thoroughly accept that we are each entitled to our own opinions :)

i can totally understand different opinions on this...

no offence ment.. :wink:

i just found the add a bit strange..2 me

maybe im not used to rural life?

It looks like the advertiser is looking for animals that are already dead. Personally, if something's dead and it's not a beloved pet, then I can't see the problem. It's not like he's advertising for animals that are still alive, that could then be at risk of being killed in a cruel manner either for or by the animal he's planning to feed them to.

i agree with if they are already dead,then not so much a problen..

but i maybe read the ad wrong

QUOTE----

or have no more use for any unproductive, old or unwanted birds such as pigeons, poultry or waterfowl don't just bin them, please

now to me he didnt mention dead/found at the side of a road?

I think perhaps it's the words " have no more use for any unproductive, old or unwanted birds." They come as a bit of a shock, if you compare this with the way pets are kept, and cared for, however old or ill they become.

It is a rural thing.

If the owner has been buying chickens or pigeons etc from the local butcher to feed to his pets, he's just asking if there are other (cheap or free) sources of food around.

Birds which wouldn't be sold to the butcher, but thrown away.

why ask for then ...quote..

and if you are killing off?

i personaly think hes asking for freebys,and am a bit concerned what he will get offered?

at one time pet shops used to sell Knackers meat but they`ve been banned from selling it . As for asking for birds that would go in the bin , at one time none laying hens would be sold to the butchers as Broilers but nobody want to be bothered cooking broilers hens any more and many people don`t have space for them ---------- a sad reflection on a society that wants fast food & ready meals !

arh its all new to me..

never seen adds like this/that before!

me again been too sensitive, i think? :( :?:

Bless you for caring and I quite understand why your first reaction when coming across something like this was to be concerned Posted Image

I spent a lot of time in the countryside and to me this just seems quite normal as to how some things are done there. I used to work on a stableyard which kept free range chickens and ducks. The non laying hens quite often ended up as dinner, and deformed or badly injured birds usually ended up the dogs dinner. There wasn't tonnes of birds, maybe 30 chickens and 10 ducks at any time.

I have to admit, it seems a bit odd to be asking for other peoples unwanted and seemingly living birds, but hey - they obviously want a nice natural diet for their pet, just like we like to have a nice natural diet for our babies. Different people have different views.

xx

It makes a lot more sense to me to eat an animal that has been killed than some of the pointless bloodsports that go on with no end for the animal other than a pointless death.

A friend of my Husband's lives on roadkill and anything else he can get his hands on, his misses hates it as there are always carcus's hanging in his shed!! Not my ideal Sunday lunch, but I think it depends how your brought up and where you live.