Sign in to follow this  
Chief

Some kind of virus - can anyone help

Question

:cry: #-o :evil: :evil: :( I downloaded a zip file from a free download site and when I empty contents all hell broke loose!! It told me I had over 1000 shared files on my pc!!!! It started running realy slow and about 10 web pages would open on there own for random sites!!

I got rid of the share folder and uninstalled the program and deleted all fies I could find. Works better but web pages still keep appering but not as many and not as quickly.

Anyone haveany ideas?

Any help would be very helpfull

As I've wrote this car insurance, dell computers and perfspot.com have appeared!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

[-o< [-o< [-o<

15 answers to this question

thanks for everyones help.

Trendsmicro was working hard at it for ages, got right near to the end of the status bar and crashed.

It's really piped up again feels like I'm under attack

which one should I use?

The whole pc is going out the window - I'll give it 3 days :twisted:

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

still having a mare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do I turn of system restore?

trying more of these scan things

thanks again for all your help

how do I turn of system restore?

if you look at the link that Caligula posted there`s a full description of how to turn sys restore off included !

Incidentally are using any Anti virus software? ---- if not you need to have some installed on your machine ready to block any nasties once your machine has been cleaned and before you come back on line as they now have your internet address and your machine will be infected as soon as you come back on line !