Sign in to follow this  
charmaine

Advice please

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I have a umbrella cockatoo he is 7 months old a short while ago he was playing on top of his cage and i noticed like a gush of watery like liquid coming from his mouth so i have been keeping an eye on him and noticed his toilet is the same just wattery nothing else in it, shoulf i contact the vet?

Thank's for your help in advance.

hi have u gave him something to eat thats watery?? he could just be reguatation. and having a wee.

i would leave him a little bit longer but if ur worried i would phone the vet. is he/she fine in her self?

Sorry i anit much help

I sure someone be a long any min with a lot more help.

I would make a phone call to the vet right now I think.

If ever you are worried it is always the best thing to do.

If it were just wet poops I would wait an hour or so, and see if they get back to normal.

But if he is "throwing up" water, that is more worrying. He is very young at 7 months.

If you have a good avian vet call them. Or if not, say what area you are in and someone will hopefully know of the nearest to you.

There is this section if you need to find one.

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/16-avian-vets/

I hope it is nothing, good luck.

If he is more clingy, I would think he is feeling sorry for himself, because of what is happening, but that too could be because he is ill. Bird tend to mask illness. So I personally would be worried.

Sorry I am not more positive.

if he was playing on top of his cage he seems to be happy in himself,the liquid that came from his mouth was probably just water he had drank then the excitment of playing probably bought it up again,or maybe he had been upside down?

the watery droppings are probably nothing to worry about either,sometimes poop is all liquid and perfectly normal,as long as the droppings itself are solid its ok....(when there are droppings) a healthy poo should be a nice green or brown(this part should be nicely coiled and solid with a little white(urates) and the rest should be a clear liquid (urine) a bird who gets plenty of fresh fruit an veg diet will have a wetter poop than those that only get a little, as long as it isnt smelly or bubbly............hope this helps.....put your mind at rest though and call a vet,keep a close eye on him and his poop for any changes

Hi thank's for your replies. I think you may be right vikki he had a shower and was excited after it as he always is, he swings upside down flapping his wings etc, i have been keeping an eye on him and he is still eating his fruit and yapping away and he has had a normal poop just there, but i will keep an eye on him. Thanks for all your help.

good to hear charmaine...........just keep an extra close eye on him........if it was that watery at least you know he isnt dehydrated or anything too........and he has had a normal poo so you can relax now..... :wink:

I just got hold of the vet and explained everything and they said that he sounds fine and to keep an eye on him and if need be ive to call back and they will see him, but he seems fine still eating and his normal self, Thanks again for your help

Hi, just a little update, noodle has been fine all day i have watched his every move and inspected every dropping and all is well he has ate his dinner chatted away and has been his usual self, i think you guys and the vet were right he drank too much water and perhaps it went down the wrong way. Thanks again for all your help.