Sign in to follow this  
gary

Help Please

Question

Ive not been able to get on my website since Friday & its driving me mad...Im with Tiscali & others with Tiscali say they cant get on either.

Can as many as poss pay a quick visit and tell me if you can or cant get on ....esp people with Tiscali if any please. http://www.conures.co.uk Thanks

27 answers to this question

All I get is

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).

Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.

Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.

Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

(I think IE is what you're interested in?? :oops: )

Help cgm ...

All working Fine Gary.

Have you tried IE & Firefox (worth a go if you've not tried).

Help...please explain Caligula :wink:

Please remember Im thick as a brick with all this....need info in plain english :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: whats IE?

(I think IE is what you're interested in?? :oops: )

Help cgm ...

All working Fine Gary.

Have you tried IE & Firefox (worth a go if you've not tried).

Help...please explain Caligula :wink:

Please remember Im thick as a brick with all this....need info in plain english :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: whats IE?

I.E = Internet Explorer

firefox is one of the Linux( freeware ) alternatives to IE>

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

For those who have not heard of it Linux is the base for several Operating Systems which are viable alternatives to Microsofts Windows OS eg Xp, Vista etc.

Actually, I think you'll find that Firefox is nothing directly to do with Linux although there is a Linux version of Firefox available. Firefox is developed by Mozilla Corporation. Mozilla and Linux are OpenSource developers and as such Linux and Firefox are both free, and the source code for both is available to anybody who want to play with it.

As a result, the basic Firefox browser is very much simpler and more resource efficient than Internet Explorer and you can add on any of the hundreds of optional extra's to make it look and work the way you want it to, not the way that Microsoft says it must!

Philip

Just remembered this:-

Following the details we released last week concerning the migration of Pipex users to the Tiscali LLU network, The Register has done some further digging and has been informed by an internal source from one of the Pipex brands Tiscali acquired of further details behind the actions.

"The logic is that we'll save more money placing customers on the Tiscali backhaul per month than we will lose from customers migrating away."

"So far we've had our SMTP Servers replaced with Tiscali's Iron Ports and now we've been forced to replace our DNS Servers with Tiscali's."

Source inside Tiscali

There is also an indication that Tiscali intend to place a full block on any peer-to-peer traffic at peak times. This will affect not only the commonly used networks used for file sharing, but also services like BBC iPlayer and 4oD which also use peer-to-peer to distribute content. With recent speculation of a Tiscali sell off in the coming years, it should be no surprise that Tiscali will try and reduce costs as much as possible, whilst boosting profits to make the company a more attractive buy. Steps have already been seen in this direction with the intention of offering quad-play services to customers later this year.

Taken from http://www.thinkbroadband.com

Although this should affect "other" Tiscali users (i.e. Pipex, F2s etc)

Actually, I think you'll find that Firefox is nothing directly to do with Linux although there is a Linux version of Firefox available. Firefox is developed by Mozilla Corporation. Mozilla and Linux are OpenSource developers and as such Linux and Firefox are both free, and the source code for both is available to anybody who want to play with it.

As a result, the basic Firefox browser is very much simpler and more resource efficient than Internet Explorer and you can add on any of the hundreds of optional extra's to make it look and work the way you want it to, not the way that Microsoft says it must!

Philip

Sorry but your actually wrong Linux is only a base system developped by Torvald Linus and patented as freeware to be used by developpers such as Mozilla and others to produce Operating Systems in competion to Microsoft . Firefox is one of the elements of such a system , but you are correct in that there are variations in some of the elements within Firefox so that it fully integrates to the different distros so people do need to load the correct version !