Sign in to follow this  
nutterly_uts

Introducing Jazz-bird

He's here!!!

He's very shell shocked I think. My house is a lot noisier then he's used to. He can hear Nahoa in the next room and I have the radio permanently on classical. He's tried to bite a few times and he's also said c'mon very quietly a few times so I don't think he's too unsettled?

Now for the important bits - Pictures!

His Cage

Posted Image

Decorating

Posted Image

Close up 1

Posted Image

Close up 2

Posted Image

aaaaaaand Jazz bird!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

<You may recognise the [horrid] wall paper lol. Nahoa has been moved to my parents room for the next month and Jazz is in mine so he's quarentined and so he can get used to me>

yes you might be right. before i got my sennie, she was in a cage exactly like that & was in it for a year. i don't think she had any problems but saying that i doubt her previous owners would've told us if she did.

£170, that's more of reasonable price than what she was originally asking.

well there's a website somewhere (roz will know) she found it for me when i was asking about my sennie, it says how to sex them & it does say that males don't have green feathers under their tales.

Really pleased for both you, Nutterly_uts, and for Jazz Posted Image

Here's the Sennie sexing link but don't think it applies to Brown heads ....

http://www.wingscc.com/aps/apsmail/senegal_sexing.aspx

you can check recommended cage bar spacings here ....

CAGE BAR SPACING RECOMMENDATIONS:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/6275-cage-bar-spacing-recommendations%c2%a9/

= from the INFORMATION TOPICS© section: https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/22-parrot-link-information-topics/

She said she wanted to make back the money on the cage which retails around 250.

Still, Jazz is here and s/he has a home for as long as needed.

Jebirds has got me thinking now lol Is Jazz a boy or a girl?!!

i have one of those cages that i use for weening baby greys, i bought it from batleys cash and carry for £89.99, but that was 4 years ago now

I think a DNA test may be needed!!

I was told he was male, then the curve ball about tail color came in, but then I googled and it didn't seem to apply to brown heads, soooo we're back to square one off only having what I was told as truth!

Jazz'll be Jazz whatever s/he is, and I'll only be DNA testing to make sure if s/he's a she, that I'm aware and can watch for female related problems :)

I think a DNA test may be needed!!

I was told he was male, then the curve ball about tail color came in, but then I googled and it didn't seem to apply to brown heads, soooo we're back to square one off only having what I was told as truth!

Jazz'll be Jazz whatever s/he is, and I'll only be DNA testing to make sure if s/he's a she, that I'm aware and can watch for female related problems :)

from the site Roz posted

Sexing: Again the only reliable method is by surgical sexing or the DNA testing. Visual sexing can be attempted, the cock bird usually has a larger flatter head than the hen, there has also been a suggestion that the hens iris is a more greeny yellow than the cock when viewed in daylight but I cannot vouch for this. It is always best to get them surgically or DNA sexed.

if you want more details the sub species etc click on that link and then goto the home page > poicephalus > brown head

Featherwise he's pretty feathery. He has the downy chest and he can't fly right now cause of his latest plucking, but he's not too bad :)

He was taking grapes from me this morning, and tried a raspberry :) He is a sweety but he's happy to use that beak too!