Sign in to follow this  
amygates

Should I get Fiji microchipped or have a ring put on him?

Should I get him Microchipped, ringed or neither?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get him Microchipped, ringed or neither?

• Microchip
    • Ring
    • Neither
    • both

Hi all,

Fiji my BHC is very special to me and I really don't want anything to happen to him. He doesn't have a ring or microchip so I was wondering if I should? I spoke to an Avian vet and he recommened that I don't get him microchipped or ringed as they will take the ring off and microchipping isn't something he would do in a small parrot. I don't know now what to do. Should I get him ringed? If so where do I get that done? Thank you! :D

I would also be interested to hear peoples opinions on this as I am considering having Harry's ring removed [your cant read the infomation on there anyway] and have a chip put in him.......so I havent voted yet

Posted Image

I voted both. I'm sure other members have had their BHC's chipped?

Here's some threads on microchipping ....

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/4124-no-subject/

and one from the Info Topic section ....

SPLIT RINGS WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER, MICROCHIPPED ETC©:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/6070-split-rings-with-your-phone-number-microchipped-etc%c2%a9/

I posted micro-chipped, that can't get taken away if god forbid your parrot flew away/was stolen.

Both my senegals have been done, and they are about the same size, so it is more than possible. Safest way is to make sure you go to a vet that towels them, rather than knocks them out to do it (not in the boxing sense :lol: )

It only takes a few seconds and their done

Rachel

Lol! That just made me laugh! I think Fiji would win if a vet tried to knock him out, in the boxing sense! The vet I spoke to said he would have to knock Fiji out to do it. Which obv adds to the price. I'll see what happens with the poll and what people suggest before going back to him.

I voted for microchip only because I have a great fear of the damage which can be done with split rings. Caiques are so active and so into everything it would be just like them to get the ring trapped in something.