Sign in to follow this  
krrbl123

cleaning products

I use avian disinfectant H10 in the parrots room (think it's called that) and a tiny bit lasts for ages so it is really economical.

On my wooden floors I use warm water and a cloth, and I clean the bathroom and kitchen with weak vinegar solution usually. I use a toilet duck stick thing for the loo! I use bleach every now and again in the bathroom, but only when the parrots are downstairs, and I open the window and lock the door before I start.

I have asthma, and recently used Domestos on my kitchen to give it a deep clean (kills all the germs you can't see lol) Because I rarely use chemicals, it stuck on my chest straight away and I had to use my inhalers for days afterwards. Think I'll keep my house a mess from now on!!

Rachel

downstairs i only ever use hot soapy water (washing up liquid) upstairs where the birds never go and is closed off to them i use bleach in the loo a cleaner on the bath etc and polish on one or two units but thats very occasionally its often just a damp cloth i too am asthmatic and it keeps the dust down well

Guest Gwydhyel

BABY WIPES - sorry to be the harbinger of doom, but if using these please check the list of ingredients for Propylene Glycol:

A cosmetic form of mineral oil found in automatic brake and hydraulic fluid and industrial antifreeze. In the skin and hair, propylene glycol works as a humescent, which causes retention of moisture content of skin or cosmetic products by preventing the escape of moisture or water. The Material Safety Data Sheet warns users to avoid skin contact with propylene glycol as this strong skin irritant can cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage.

It is in the most well known brands of baby wipes. I saw a programme about it a while back, and it was very unpleasant. You can buy wipes that have Aloe instead of propylene glycol.

ooops ive been using baby wipes sometimes to wipe his beak as he gets very messy when eating ready brek and it sticks if it drys so i wiped it off with baby wipes ..oops it has propylene glycol in it ..so i guess i better stop...what do you all use to wipe your birds beaks when they eat messy food ???

BABY WIPES - sorry to be the harbinger of doom, but if using these please check the list of ingredients for Propylene Glycol:

A cosmetic form of mineral oil found in automatic brake and hydraulic fluid and industrial antifreeze. In the skin and hair, propylene glycol works as a humescent, which causes retention of moisture content of skin or cosmetic products by preventing the escape of moisture or water. The Material Safety Data Sheet warns users to avoid skin contact with propylene glycol as this strong skin irritant can cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage.

It is in the most well known brands of baby wipes. I saw a programme about it a while back, and it was very unpleasant. You can buy wipes that have Aloe instead of propylene glycol.

Well if 'they' are allowed to put such a thing into BABY WIPES then surely there is no hope for us all!

Mmm! Guess I know the answer to that one already [-o<

that well known brand of baby wipes is awful i used them on number 1 daughter and didn't have a prob until one day i wiped my own face with them and it burnt like hell, so i use a different brand now ! i must admit i find baby wipes the best thing to clean leather sofas with lol

Pretty good on birdy poop - and somewhat cheaper than poop wipes! I don't use them on Willow directly and have been rinsing off toys etc if they have been used. Never tried one on my face but find them brilliant in the camping/festival situation. Will try to find some without this nasty sounding stuff in it. Have to say that I used them all the time when kids were little and never had any adverse effects, but always wondered about their ability to 'cut thro' grime'!