Sign in to follow this  
Numpty

Nosey Newbie

Hi all, I've been reading around the site for a couple of weeks now (hence nosey) and thought it was about time I said hello.

I'm not a noob to birds as I kept/bred/showed zebra finches as a child, however the other half decided he wanted birds so I'm back at it again.

We've had Kai (Male Cockatiel) for about 12 months now. His original friend unfortunately passed away in our house fire just before christmas so he is just getting loved up with a new "friend" Electra.

And here's where I have to admit to being stoopid. Whilst looking for Electra, I came accross a Rosella. I've always liked them & sort of took pity on him all alone & unwanted so ended up bringing him home. I didn't ask how old he was and although i was told he was a crimson, he doesn't really fit the description. I have done so much reading up on Rosellas since getting him that I feel like I'm going round in circles. He looks like a western but his cheeks are white, not yellow :?

Anyway, I'll shut up now & go back to reading. I have a tendancy to ramble on. Thanks for reading and I'm sure I will be asking for help/advice at some point.

Numpty xx

Posted Image to the Parroty Place, Numpty. Loads to share, learn and enjoy Posted Image

Posted Image

You'll notice many of us have a photobucket link under our posts - Below is an easy how-to on setting pics and/or vids up to share with us all:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/index.php?topic=26851.0

Here's our section of Information Topics©:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/22-parrot-link-information-topics/

Also a variety of topics you may like to wander through:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/6216-welcome-info-pack%c2%a9/

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Hi and welcome!

Could your rosella be a gold mantled (eastern) rosella? The males and females are silmilar but the females are much less vibrant in colour. They both have white cheeks.

Posted Image

Hi and welcome!

Could your rosella be a gold mantled (eastern) rosella? The males and females are silmilar but the females are much less vibrant in colour. They both have white cheeks.

CGM, I don't think so as he doesn't have the yellow tummy. I will try to get a picture uploaded shortly so you can see him. Please don't hold your breath though as I'm not too good at the techy stuff.

Numpty xx

Well, here goes, I have taken the pics and followed the advice, lets see if I can get them onto the forum. Here (should be) Bruno so if enyone knows what kind of Rosella he is, please shout.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hoping that worked

Numpty xx

Thank you. He looks exactly the same. The only thing putting me off him being a gmr was the lack of yellow but this would explain it. At least we now know what to look for when finding him a friend.

Thanks

A pet shop near me had a few rosellas and they were stunning birds. They allways struck me as the kind of bird I would have a hugh avairy for. Really really pretty!