Sign in to follow this  
krrbl123

learning to talk

hi, my scoobi has started to wolfwhistle now, and sometimes he doe it really fast he is so funny. he also sounds like he is saying hello but only a couple of time you here something and then wonder did he just say hello. My question is do they practise saying words and it just sounds clearer each time, i bet when i go out he says it all the time so he can impress when i get home lol

I have 2 cags. The latest arrival, Treacle, I have only had since April and he didn't talk much when I got him. Now he is saying quite a lot but I notice he practises new words and phrases before he says them out loud. He is so sweet. His latest phrase is to shout OO NICE when I am eating something and he wants it and if he doesn't get a taste he goes on to say TREACLE OO NICE just to make sure I know it's him and not Charlie that wants the food.[/b]

oh bless, scoobie wolf whistles all the time now that he can do it and he is only 4 months i surpose its easier to whistle because it is more normal for them. i was misting him this morning and he came up to me and started drinking it, so i ended up spraying it into his beak lol

Awww bless him. He will start talking soon and you wont shut him up.. My cag Jazz is just over a year old and does say alot. His favorite at the moment is.. Hello Amber, you fool :shock: (Amber is my rescue cag)

Willow (cag 24 weeks old), has her moments of practising all sorts of sounds from the highest pitched squeaks to the deepest growly gutteral sounds. She seems to rather like it if I join in trying to copy what she 'says' and comes out with the most amzing vatiety of noises, then waits for me to have a go - we can keep it up for ages! Also thought I have recognised 'hello' a few times. But for attention - it has to be - the phone! Hasn't fooled me yet but she is getting good!