Sign in to follow this  
fannyann

Cherry wood

one of my blue/gold babies is ready for her new home soon, her new mummy is great and has been visiting her twice a week. :D

on her last visit proudly showed me a picture of a stand she had made for her new baby made out of cherry wood! she has made it like a java tree on a stand with a base and half coconuts as feed pots. it,s fantastic. of course i,ve just researched cherry wood and found it to be toxic :(

:( i,m dreading telling her on her next visit :cry:

if anyone has a java tree that they no longer want please let me know.

yes on researching it i found that it has a chemical under the bark that once digested turns to CYANIDE , she had left all the bark on her stand for the baby to chew off in time, that was a close one!!!!

i,m sure she,ll do an even better job with prototype 2, she did it herself without any help from her hubby. one independant lady...

i did have a feeling that cherry wasnt good but i thought it was just the flowering ornamental trees not the fruit bearing tree like the one she used, however i believe it applies to ALL cherry tree,s so not taking any chances...