Sign in to follow this  
kerenza

B&G Macaw found in leicestershire (REUNITED)

I found a blue and gold macaw on a road between earl shilton and desford. We saw him land in a field and then run into a hedge, we tried to entice him out but he was having none of it so we rang the tropical bird garden at Desford. They sent someone out to collect him, we thought he was probably 1 of theirs, they tempted him with a walnut which he went mad for lol.

I phoned them later and they said he isn't 1 of theirs but they will keep him there in case someone comes in having lost their pet. I told them i would advertise here, if you think he may be yours then give the bird garden a ring.

I just phoned Desford and they told me that the macaw was claimed a week ago. His owners apparently live not that far from where he was found, anyway he's back with his mate now :D

Thankyou so much for letting us know ... someone somewhere must be missing their bird.

The link below is primarily to help those who have lost their birds but may give you some extra clues on who else to notify:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/7831-lostfound-important-help-advice-tips%c2%a9/

Our forum Lost/Found Co-ordinator, Potty's Mum will be glad to help in any way she can.

You can email her by clicking on pottysmum@btinternet.com

It isn't 1 of his David but he said he will keep his ears open. The bird looked in excellent condition, he was obviously shattered the way he landed but seemed really healthy and my god could he yell! Someone else had phoned the bird garden yesterday after having seen a macaw so it looks like he has been out at least for 1 night, just glad it's been mild here.

I've also phoned the local police station (rubytoo's very good idea) they have all the details in case anyone rings in now as well. I'll give the RSPCA a ring tomorrow, that's probably the first place someone would try, just glad he is out of the wind and rain now :-)