Sign in to follow this  
debrambell

How Little I Know

for years I have gone to many pet stores but living in a small town in Ohio not many if any cater to birds.

Pet Supplies, OH yes a dreaded word here but have always been where I end up to get my birdy stuff. do not buy bulk but only packaged.

every week when I go in hubby usually goes with me -I hand him purchases and he says "meet you in the car". he knows I have to do my walk around and talking to parrots.

well today they had 3 parrots in there, that is about their max amount.

but today was the first time I really looked.

never realized how much bigger a Grey is than my Green Cheeked Amazons. he kept saying hello and I stood there saying hello back - folks in store thought I was a little off but did not care.

right below him is a smaller green yellow tufted parrot. not a caique or yellow headed amazon - embarrasses me that I did not recognize him. he kept leaning forward with his head down right next to cage side. I thought boy I should not but I did- skitched his little head- and he stayed letting me do it and him doing little cooing noises. I thought to myself "do not continue to do this".

right after saying my good byes to little green and yellow parrot and a whole bunch of Hellos to the Grey. I turn to leave and there is this huge beautiful parrot taking a nap on top of his cage ignoring everyone. I noticed the one eye "seeing all". now this one I know it was a Macaw and he is gorgeous.

I know I have been rambling - but can you imagine only 3 parrots available within a 100 mile radius.

Awww that's nice. And I get funny looks too, people say why do you talk to the birds like that? I just say the same reason I talk to you, because they understand and love to say hello! I find most places the carers come over and say oooh you must be a bird person! :lol:

Awww that's nice. And I get funny looks too, people say why do you talk to the birds like that? I just say the same reason I talk to you, because they understand and love to say hello! I find most places the carers come over and say oooh you must be a bird person! :lol:

that is so true - for along time I was afraid to touch or hold another parrot thinking I may bring some nasty back home to Sonny and Cher. now when I go in store folks say Hey get the birds ready :D:D

I am just glad I finally realized I'm not totally bonkers--- at least not by myself :wink: :D

Heck no! You blend right in - well here you do anyway. I mean look at some of them.... you know MM, Jackie.... oh and Sharon..... we're well normal! :wink:

I am just glad I finally realized I'm not totally bonkers--- at least not by myself :wink: :D

Heck no! You blend right in - well here you do anyway. I mean look at some of them.... you know MM, Jackie.... oh and Sharon..... we're well normal! :wink:

I hear ya net and PM---- you too hun :D:D