Sign in to follow this  
krrbl123

natural cork

hi, we have made scoobie a little play stand thingy that sits nexts to the computer because he always wants to be next to you, we have put some natual cork on it for him to stand on, just wondered if this was safe for him when he picks at it, also one more thing i brought some cashew nuts they from a section with dried fruit and other nuts, on the pack it say raw cashew nut can he have this as they are, thanks kerry

Tony dont let the baby chew on this as it may kill him, as he is just a baby he will be trying different things out, it is up to you to detter him, and teach what is good and what is bad. Agglomerate, is a mixture of different things, ie, real cork, and man made substances, the real cork would not be a problem as it comes from the cork tree, not sure of the latin name, but it is a natural substance, but the Agglomerate, would be bad i would think as its recycled things, and there could be anything in there, hope this helps, Mick

Taken from the thread posted.

Hey, my caiques have had a natural cork perch for over 2 years now and they are still fine and dandy. They like to chew bits off and seem to like the texture of it on their feet.