Sign in to follow this  
debrambell

Total Uncharacteristic

as of late, probably 2 weeks, Sonny does not want Cher close to him. prior to this time they were "hooked at the hip"

Sonny puts his foot up, the push-as the amazons do-to tell her "not that close"

they always use to set side by side when on perch, not now. Sonny squawks when he thinks Cher is getting too close. she has always been the mother figure, protector, etc. of Sonny. Cher does back down but not before a good squawk and peck of her own to Sonny.

just wondering why the change?? and should I be concerned.

Sonny and Cher are supposedly brother and sister.

they are 7 years old.

does not seem like the same thing Sonny goes through every spring and fall. the constant shrill calls, dance and flopping as when I think he is in "season". when I thought he was, he chased Cher unmercifully. not push her away as he does now

hmmm, tough one really

i agree with MMM though, just like any couple you have a squabble every now and then ..... he probably left the toilet seat up and cher had a go at him over it and he wont forgive her for shouting lol

just see how things go over the next week or so is my advice, and keep an extra eye on them incase a fight breaks out.

good luck

hmmm, tough one really

i agree with MMM though, just like any couple you have a squabble every now and then ..... he probably left the toilet seat up and cher had a go at him over it and he wont forgive her for shouting lol

just see how things go over the next week or so is my advice, and keep an extra eye on them incase a fight breaks out.

good luck

:lol:

Good advice Jem.

Robbie and Sindy definitely have their off moments when they want nothing to do with each other. In their case it's probably over the tv remote!

hmmm, tough one really

good luck

:lol:

Good advice Jem.

Robbie and Sindy definitely have their off moments when they want nothing to do with each other. In their case it's probably over the tv remote!

Cheers Loumy

lmao, can just imagine R & S having a full blown arguement over the remote.... they fight over my hairbrushes in our house, not that i let them play with them, they have a protective thing about hairbrushes...hmmm...

It may be utter rubbish but I remember someone suggesting that there is an inbuilt mechanism which prevents siblings from breeding.

OH I hope so!!

LAM and Jem ---I own remote :D and toilet seat down in my house :D:D most of the time :wink: :roll:

ive heard that too david,abit like the way a baby bird will alot of the time as it matures back off from his rearer(in handrearing) and bond with the next person in the household,its a sort of birdy way of avoiding interbreeding.................how true it is i dont know but i do have my own theories

I have- at times - worried about Sonny and Cher breeding.

believe me I want NO babies here. but what keeps them doing "their thing" if they both want to? (no sign of that now)

and does a female parrot lay eggs if she has not been fertilized?