Sign in to follow this  
misty

Why do people do this to birds!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE!!!

Hi have had a real shocking day today. I saw an add for a cinnamon pearl pied cockatiel, which is a colour I have been after, anyway When I got there OMG!!!!!! the house was filthy dirty and floor to ceiling in junk, aparently they had other parrots inside !!! and the garden looked like a giant scrap yard with dog mess everywhere, two chickens wandering amoungst it and located at the back was a tiny 6 x 4 aviary housing 5 parrots, god knows how many quail, lovebirds ect and 15 very mangled cockatiels, lots of feather plucking and bites, they where all arguing one has a leg missing, one an eye,felt awful was going to walk out but I couldnt leave the birds like that, managed to talk her into parting with most of the cockatiels, she wouldnt let anything else go otherwise I would got them all out. any way here I am at home just finished settling them all into the quarintine cages, poor things havent stopped eating!!nails are long, most have part or all their top nots missing, most of the hens have bald backs and necks, one only has one leg, looks like its been bitten off by one of the parrrots, and most have nip marks, toes damaged ect, poor little darling, hopefully they will have a good night then they will be having their medicals tomorrow, worming, nails trimmed, treated for mites ect and then we can sex them and sort them out, have already found loving homes for some at various friends, and some will be staying here.

Why do people keep birds like that and get away with it, it was so so upsetting, god know what the birds indoor are like and the dogs, the cats in the garden where crawling with fleas and bald bits, its the worst thing I have every seen.

yes I did its was awful, I know someone who works for the RSPCA, so rung them straight away

david - got the book this morning, thankyou so much its great

I feel so sorry for you, I had a similar experience , but this was only with 3 birds, there must have been an awful smell, please let us know what's happening with the birds . These people need reporting every day until somebody does something about it, why do people do it . They need locking up......... this message may seem a bit muddle , but I'm so angry

I was just so shocked when I got there, and on the phone they were so concerned with what experience I have and how they work in a vets!! I hope not, they need to learn to look after there own before they look after other peoples!!

Just been out in the quarintine room checking them all, they have all had a good feed, some have had a bath!! its hard really I was only thinking of getting one to join my group outside but I couldnt walk away from these guys, now my only worry is disease, as I said before most have missing feather off there heads, necks and some on there backs ( that mainly the hens) Im hoping its more a case of over crowding and bullying from the other birds as well as frustrations and fighting amongst themselves, tomorrow they will have there medicals with a great friend who has over 40 year experince of breeding tiels and other parakeets, they will be wormed, nail trimmed and treated for mites, apart from that im watch there poo's ( yukkie job but someone has to do it!!!!!) to make sure they look normal, they look active and alert, no broken wing or tail feathers, clear eyes and no discoloured vent areas, so hopefully they will be ok as I would really love to get the ones that will stay here out into my big aviary where they can have space to move ( its 9x6x6) bath in the birdie bath, clean food and drinking water, natural branches and toys. and next door is my exsisting group of cockatiels who Im sure will be quite nosey !!!!

Do you think they will be ok to mix with my other tiels soon?

The cockatiels have had there medicals today, all have been wormed and treated for mites all seem to be feeding well and active, 1 partically young hen has given us real concern as she is small and he said she had alot of worms in the crop! cant think what he called them now, anyway she has been treated for them and is also on antibiotics as a precaution, hope she will be ok she is a lovely little lutino pearl.

There are three still needing a home if anyone can help the others have got new homes to go too once they have come out of my quarintine room.

There is:

One little grey hen bald head and neck, very sweet little thing and her companion a grey cock bird who is well feathered.

also there is a pied (believed hen?) who has a bad head and her companion who is grey.

the little lutino pearl will be needing a home too if she picks up in the next few days.

If anyone can take these lovely little guy on please please let me know, they need lots of love and TLC.

I admit, our house can look like a junk yard sometimes with all the "home improvement"(he says!) going on, but this sounds horrible. I have a similiar situation going on, in that my partners ex (Im not being bitter, she really is a bit of a cow bag)has two large breed dogs she never walks and keeps shut in the kitchen, goes through numerous small animals(ie mice guinea pigs etc) and has a sennie, that is in a ferplast acge with no toys two perches, and my friend who has lived with her for the past year says she has never seen it out.Who do I call? She has been reported to the rspca before and nothing been done, I am tearing my hair out that10 social services let the kids stay there and 2) they have not removed the animals. God I know that the crap will hit the fan if I report her, but the animals matter more than the reprecussions.