Sign in to follow this  
P-and-s

Air Traffic Control for Parrots

On Saturday we collected Charlie ( CAG) from Krisjvv, to be a companion for Merlin and to give her a forever home.

Charlie has already had about 4 or 5 homes and she has settled down so much better than we could have dared hope, and Merlin seems to have accepted her totally. :D

They were both out of their cages today when we had a minor Air Traffic problem....Charlie is still learning the house, and Merlin is still learning to share his airspace...as a result, they met in a doorway going in opposite directions!! Both ended up on the floor apparently no worse for the encounter, and Merlin appeared to think it was a good new game!:roll:

Anyway, we are probably going to start a journal for our experiences with the pair of them, for anyone who is interested. Charlie is so funny and has had us in stitches already.:lol:

Philip & Susie

Aww bless. I'll never forget the first time I saw a macaw fall off his perch right to the bottom of his cage and the look that they get on their faces when they crash land. Bert has enough trouble navigating on his own without having to worry about another parrot to crash into!

Allie and Bertie

Aww bless. I'll never forget the first time I saw a macaw fall off his perch right to the bottom of his cage and the look that they get on their faces when they crash land. Bert has enough trouble navigating on his own without having to worry about another parrot to crash into!

Allie and Bertie

You mean the 'what me? I meant to do that' Look? Hilarious! :D

Allie and Bertie

When Merlin falls off his perch, as he clambers back up he usually says either, " Stupid parrot" or " What a mess Merlin"

:lol:

Chewie refuses to fly uless he HAS too the lazy boy, which results in some uncomfortable emergency landings sometimes. He looks up at you and raises a foot and goes "Chewie! Chewie! Muuuuuuum!" until I pick him up and cuddle him better. Just like a little kid ^_^

Your two sound like they are having a whale of a time playing together!

xxx

Allie and Bertie

Yep, that's the one! :D

Benjie also has that look followed by an "oooooh"!! It is nervracking though isnt it. I panic like mad when they lose their way or misjudge things.

OH me too. the most often when Cher flies is when Sonny goes for "it".

the thuds and other landing gear for her is far from professional. Sonny makes 3 loops around house and back on top of cage. poor Cher me trying to find her and her me :D:D