Sign in to follow this  
Pottys Mum

Charley has a new word...

As most of you know, Charley is becoming ever more challenged in the feather department and can no longer fly.

But that doesn't stop her wanting to get around.

She now has a new word for her slave - "UP!".

She just sits and stares at where she wants to be - the light fittting (old favourite), the fan light window, on my head...

And says: "Up!"

And the slave puts her where she wants to be :P

:) She has a good slave in you.

They can be so expressive about where they want to be with a look and a little "lean" in the right direction.

(Lol Harrys mummy)come to think of it.... lol Mylos mummy too :shock:

We've all just been playing a new game - the floor is a nice place to be!

I put the cushion from the sun-lounger on the kitchen floor and laid down on it and, guess what ....

Four parrots have just discovered that being on the ground can be just as much fun as high up :P

How is Phoebe getting on?

I was expecting Charlie to look much worse - she looks pretty good, I think!

Just had an emotional moment ten minutes ago - there was a loud squawking outside in the park and Kaz said to me that he's heard it before and always imagines it may be Beryl. He said he hears this bird swooping down the side passage by the house outside sometimes and he thinks it may be Beryl. There was another African Grey somebody told us they'd seen regularly in the park when we lost Beryl (since before she was lost) and Kaz thinks they may have found each other and are living happily there.... but he got me calling Beryl in the dark outside and in tears.... I have had two glasses of wine...

xxx Monica