Sign in to follow this  
cheersm8

CAG Death Shreeks!

LOL ollie does it at his mirror bell,the more it swings back the more he batters it.....he also does it to his own down feathers and often they catch in the draught of the air purifier so he chases them screaming like a banchee

all of ours do it to one toy Oscar -swing, Vinnie-bell, Basil- mirror the noisy pair do it when they look at each other lol i think the only one who doesn't is Max but then he does naff all anyway lol

I voted - Never Death Shrieks

Robbie doesn't do this at all - or I haven't witnessed him doing it more to the point.

Sindy does do this to random things at random times but wanted to show that some african greys may not do this on the vote.

I voted my cag never death shrieks, although he does like to hang upside down in his cage, flap his wings and do a sort of loud jungle squawk.

Merlin used to do it occasionally and at whatever he happened to be playing with.

I've just realised though that since he got better after his illness I don't think he has done it at all. He does still batter things sometimes, but doesn't shriek at the same time.

i voted never.what is a death shreek? worzel did this sort of growl when my husband came in to the room carrying off bits of carpet,he definitely didnt like it,but he didnt shreek..he doesnt sqwark either,he makes lots of beeping noises,whistles and speaks very well.

Death shreek is like a deep throated LOUD Wraaaaaaaghhh type thing! Very hard to describe! But if you've heard it you will know it! It's one of those noises that sends you running to the bird panicking every time, 'just in case' something is wrong!

lol@mandy...perfectly described....the ammount of heart attacks ive nearly had when ive been in the kitchen and hear the death scream.......run in dropping stuff everywere nearly tripping and breaking my neck to see ollie hanging upside down looking at me like im demented

lol@mandy...perfectly described....the ammount of heart attacks ive nearly had when ive been in the kitchen and hear the death scream.......run in dropping stuff everywere nearly tripping and breaking my neck to see ollie hanging upside down looking at me like im demented

Me too! LOL And the thing is I ALWAYS go running too, coz you just never ever know what the panic is about! Storm did it the once when the window cleaner walked past the window, jsut about p'd my pants laughing at the window cleaners face!

I remember my first experience of a CAG's shreek of death. As others have said before, I was out of the room at the time when I heard it.

Pretty scary, my human brain interpreted the sound as exactly the scream I would have expected to hear if the poor birdy was tangled up in a toy or something. I ran into the room, expecting the worst, only to find Gucci, very very happy, "killing" a sisal string knot on one corner of her swing.

This little quirk of behaviour has developed into our favourite game of "kill the peg".

It all started from the quite gentle game of "upside down". You, know, when you sit with your birdy on your fingers and twist your wrist so he/she is hanging upside down. While in the upside down position, I offered her one of her multi-coloured plastic pegs to play with.

Well, the effect was diamond! She was hanging upside down, "death shreeking" the peg and having a whale of a time. The routine is now that she has trained me to let her play "kill the peg" while upside down, she then takes the peg, flies over to her play stand, kills it again, then throws it accross the room. I have been trained to get up off the sofa, go over and pick "peggy" up again, just so that Gucci can start the whole routine once more. The game is the most fun ( for her ) if the thrown peg happens to connect with something that chinks or dings, like the coffee table or the television. :mrgreen:

Do they make this awful sounding noise from a young age? So far Willow has been a quiet(ish) wee birdy.

Yes, but depending on how bold, and how used to their new home/surroundings/mum&dad they have become.

It's not an ear shattering scream sparkkwing and ( in my opinion ) it's the loudest noise a CAG will make.