Sign in to follow this  
Harry's Mummy

For Stormy (Norton or other anti-virus?)

Question

15 answers to this question

had a nose & gulped at the price.....!

I do already have the full Norton software as it came with the laptop, but I havent used it yet, as I heard it can slow down the computer, is there anything out there thats better and perhaps free?

AVG Anti-Virus & ZoneLabs Firewall

Both Free.

AVG, thats what i was told to use by a friend who is a computer programer had no problems at all, we got the norton package with our laptop and he told us to throw it away as its a total waste time and money :roll:

I use both AVG and Zone Alarm. I have had no problems with it on the new laptop.. Like you I had the trial version, ran it till the time ran out, then deleted it :)

AVG, thats what i was told to use by a friend who is a computer programer had no problems at all, we got the norton package with our laptop and he told us to throw it away as its a total waste time and money :roll:

Totally Agree!!

As with everyone else AVG is brilliant! Just make sure you do a root around at grisoft and get the full, free, edition ( which, despite what it appears to mislead you into thinking, does NOT run out )

Couple the above with a-squared ( free editon ) and your pretty much covered for protection from any nasties viral or spammy.