Sign in to follow this  
Rich&nats

Telephone!

Merlin does much the same...makes the ringing noise, then says hallo... alright...ok...Oh, ok...ok then...byyee...beep. :lol:

He also does the fax machine ring as well, and the 8 o'clock pips from the BBC

Try and rip it away and kill the bad thing that takes away attention from them :shock: :)

Well one of them does.

And loud "bye byes" in the background sometimes confuses people on the other end, when you have only just answered with "Hello".

The only noise Pepe makes is a sort of whistle repeating a sort of call I do normaly when I get home to let him know it is me coming back in the house. The interesting thing is that from where Pepe is he cannot see the door so he does not see who is coming in..he doeas that sound only when it is me opening the door..I does not do that with my partner Simon. I think is our special call!!

The strangest thing that Merlin does is to know ahead of time what we are going to do.

By that I mean he knows when we are going out. Even before we have put our coats on, which we always do in the dining room when he is in his cage in the living room, he will suddenly call "Bye Bye Merlin, be good".

Also, we have a bit of a standard routine at bedtime, standing up, switching theTV off, etc, but a couple of days ago, for some reason we were not in the same room as him and I'd just said to Susie "Well, it's a bit early but we might as well go" and a voice came from the other room. " Goodnight Merlin".

How he knew, is beyond us, it was nothing to do with routine because that was different and it wasn't even time because that was earlier than usual.

If my mobile rings and I answer it when Pharrell is out of the cage he attacks me and bites me really hard! :shock:

Its got so bad that now he has to go in the cage if the phone rings for my own safety :shock: :lol::lol:

freddie makes the ringing sound says hello ok alright see you later byee and the sound of the phone going back in the cradle, starting to fool us a bit now cos hes so good at it but he answers himself after only one or two rings so the trick in our house is to let it ring for 3 lol