Sign in to follow this  
karamia

What to get the birdies for xmas??

We got Charlie a stand (which he will only go on when you catch him in a towel and put him on it) he loves it when he is on there though and sits looking out of the window. also some toys off threeladdies which i have put away.

I know this is about birds but i got the dogs one of the felt advent calendars from a pound shop to fill with their favourite biscuits this year instead of the bought ones which they are not really keen on. Could get one for birds and puts nuts etc in pockets.

Guest linds

jaff and rubes will get something small each and the remainder of what I normally spend :oops: will go to parrot rescue. Dogs are the same, they get 1 thing each and then we buy lots of dog covers etc from poundland and take them to the nearest shelter.

Guest linds

don't think i'd have the patience for that, although may be good therapy lol. Last year was the first i'd done it, sounds so stupid but never thought of doing that before. jaffa, ruby, ice and jet are the most spoilt babes ever, as you'll see from their pics lol and only because i was walking around the dog home one day did it enter my head not to spend so much on them at xmas and spend on the little babies who don't have anything. james said he'd need to buy a farm with the amount of animals i'd rescue lol

I am the same i would be no good working in a rescue i would bring them all home lol i hate going to those places i feel so sorry for all the animals and usually leave in tears.

any ideas welcome. :D

what is everyone getting for their feathered friends? :lol:

I've got a stash of toys and toy making parts ready for the fab four.

I've been picking them up bit by bit from ebay - can't resisit a bargain.

I expect that they will be more interested in the wrappings than the toys though!

lol

Guest choccyb

I have ordered some toys from Yvonne and also got Rocky a new cosy hut and some new fancy twirly perches and different textured ones to share around. xxxx

last year they got the parrot stand from anton. that was to share and, believe it or not, they do share it. this year i stocked up on toys from stafford for them. apple has her 'birthday' in december as well so she's got 2 prezzies.

Guest linds

And what do our feathery bundle's of joy get us for Christmas then?

they get us messy, give us some exercise cos' we got to clean up after them oh and give us the best pressie ever by just being there

Guest ytagguk

Sage bites to test my reflexes to make sure i'm healthy

so thats why harry bites me. lol

yvonne

last year i got loads of wool from cheap shops and crocheted loads of blankets for local rescue

Oooo I buy those from the local animal rescue shop as my boys love them, and always snuggle up in those.....:)

I am looking at Yvonne's shop as the moment for Harry, and anything bright and he can throw around he will love....