Sign in to follow this  
sparkkwing

What's all this about?

My 15 weel old cag Willow, is behaving in a very odd way with a toy I got her.

Ahem! :oops: :oops: (New parroty mum - can't help it) It is a baby toy modelled on a laptop, with lots of buttons to press, making animal noises and saying phrases like 'I am your friend'. Sometimes it plays a tune and has a mirror with pictures flashing in it. Battery operated and for supervised play only, of course. :)

There are photos of it and Willow's reaction in my photobucket under sub-album 'Funny Willow'.

She huffs and puffs, puffs out her feathers with her wings hanging low and spread out alot, especially over the contraption. The more she stamps her feet on it - the more quickly it changes the tune/phrase/noise, the more she gets excited by it. I had to put it away after a few minutes, and she quickly calmed down.

:?

This happened both last night and today, after not going near it for several days.

Anyone able to shed light on this behaviour?

I may be wrong here but, if it has a mirror on it, Willow could be trying to play with her reflection.. This kind of behaviour normaly indicates a happy birdie :)

Fantastic pics too

That looks exactly what Sage was doing with his "giggly wiggly ball" earlier. It only came today and he went mad for it, wings out and sprawling himself over it, kept asking it "wanna bath?" I think it's just excitement and playing :-)

Bobby my tag does that every nite when he sees my partner. Will walk up and down the back of the settee. i was worried at 1st someone told me its a sign of love and he being happy.

:lol: She is returning to this toy again and again, trying so hard to work out where the animals and people are, and looking at herself in the mirror. Then she dashes round the back of it to try and catch these naughty people - but they are just too quick for her! Then she puffs up her feathers and makes little noises sounding like excitement!

Not sure if I am supposed to laugh or not, as far as she is concerned, but it's hard not to. =D>