Sign in to follow this  
sparkkwing

Terror Toy - a fluffy yellow toy duck!

Just decided to show my baby cag, Willow, a soft, furry squeak, bright yellow, obviously toy duck..............

.........and witnessed full-on african grey attack mode, with menacing growl :shock: :lol:

I tried to show her it was a toy but she was having none of it. She was utterly convinced it was real - and scary!

Now put in charity shop bag! The toy - not Willow! lol

Guest linds

my fave pic is no.23 i'd love an african grey, don't know if i could cope with the growling though lol

I bought ruby and jaffa a big bird and elmo soft toy from disney and ruby is forever grabbing big bird by his stripey legs lol, she hates them

Thanks Anita - she is cute isn't she - and spoilt!

Linds - being very new to being owned by a parrot, I am not too sure what is 'normal' in the way of growling by a grey, and she certainly does it quite alot - but often it seems in play. For example, when she is feeling frisky and decides to initiate a game of rough and tumble with me, with play bites and sqwarks to go with it. She also growls when I (yet again) remove her from the top of my head, or other places she is not supposed to be.

However, the response she made to the toy duck was alot more serious, not just her usual moans and grumbles! She was ready for a fight!

Guest choccyb

My caique growls a lot, he marches up and down the windowsill growling like he is on sentry duty lol. Its so funny to watch him. He is a big bird in a little birds body!! xxx

Guest linds

lol it just scares me. when pamela C watched jaffa and ruby while i was on my hols i went into hers to find that the second I looked at Jock he started growling lol. I have him and cassie this weekend so hope he's off growling for the weekend lol.

Jaffa sits on my head all the time. I spoke to a very good parrot behaviourist and she said not to worry about it, he loves it, he feels safe there and as long as he is behaving whilst being on there it's nothing to worry about. The second he starts up though, he's off but it's very rare.

l

Jaffa sits on my head all the time. I spoke to a very good parrot behaviourist and she said not to worry about it, he loves it, he feels safe there and as long as he is behaving whilst being on there it's nothing to worry about. The second he starts up though, he's off but it's very rare.

She would probably not bother if I didn't keep stopping her ha ha! And its not so bad now she is better at where to poop - ie. not on us!

Guest linds

well jaffa can sit with me for hours, he sits on my head and goes for long sleeps while i watch a film lol. The only time he comes off is when he needs a poo lol

well jaffa can sit with me for hours, he sits on my head and goes for long sleeps while i watch a film lol. The only time he comes off is when he needs a poo lol

:D:lol::P Be very grateful for that ha ha!

Just looked at your photos - what gorgeous birds, have there been any tiny claws from their eclectus 'relationship'?

Guest linds

:D:lol::P Be very grateful for that ha ha!

Just looked at your photos - what gorgeous birds, have there been any tiny claws from their eclectus 'relationship'?

not yet, i bought them together at 15 weeks. they're not from the same clutch there's 1 week apart but I make them share their birthday lol. They share a cage and have never been apart. They completely adore each other but it's so funny if they have a scrap. I gave Ruby a nestbox but had to remove it as she turned into the devil. Jaffa wasn't ready anyway even though she was. They're 3 on 4th January (my birthday too) so i'm sure in the next year there may be some little cheeps in my house.

That wasnt as easy as I thought. I just got the door of the living room open and he was already at the cage door looking out. So hopefully tomorrow lol.

Guest linds

lol, well i'm gonna take some jaffa, ruby, jock and cassie pics tomorrow, fingers crossed for me too