Sign in to follow this  
misty

nesting material - what do you use?

Hi I would love to hear what other people use for nesting material for mainly parakeets and small parrots like senegals ect, what do you find the best material to use?

thanks

What about moisture levels in nest boxes? does using wood chips / easibed / peat effect the humidty in nest boxes, what way do you keep the humidity up with yours

we have found that easibed/and peat will effect humidity in the nestbox,which is a good thing when you have breeding birds,our grey hen will bath herself to add water to the substrate when she knows the humidity is too low....amazing really

aubois horse bedding , its like easybed but more absorbant idea for nestboxes and brooders , tried alsorts of other stuff and this seems to be the best for us, I do know breeders of budgies and other small birds that use it

in these horses beddings like aubois and easi bed, is there any risks to the birds / chick from eating it or any treatments that are on it ? also do you still put peat under neath it and how thic do you put it in the box. Im curious as I can easily get either of those beddings and wandered if they would be better for my birds. thanks everyone for all your info