Sign in to follow this  
Mastiffmum

Birdy Toy Box

Not sure if anyone has ever seen one or got one, but whilst in the garden centre pet department, I noticed a corner litter tray for small animals, it's triangular shape (obviously!!) with about 3 inch 'lip' around the front and quite high at the other two sides. Well on the back of the high sides it has a couple of hooks.

I bought one of these for Louis to use as his toy box as he doesn't like picking up his toys from the bottom of the cage and found that although he loves his foot toys, he wasn't really playing with them. So now this is hooked right near his top perch and he loves stepping on the side and having a good rummage, choosing which toy he wants next. Only cost £2.99 as well ! Probably wouldn't be good for large parrots as they could possibly hook it off the side of the cage and maybe hurt themselves........actually I suppose you could drill holes and attach with some birdy friendly ties of some sort?

Anyway, just thought I would share with you as I was pretty chuffed to find a toy box for my little man!

Guest ytagguk

wouldnt a large stainless dish do the same thing, but this would be safer, plastic can be toxic, this item is not ment for birds, so it will more than likely not be safe, if its brittle plastic, this can be cracked by a birds beak, and if its soft, it will be chewed.

sorry to be a spoil sport, a stainless dish does the job, mine has to be fastened to the cage because harry loves to sling all his dishes.

yvonne

Guest linds

I bought a steel bucket for jaffa and ruby from a parrot shop in the states which had some good foot toys included and this hangs in their cage, although I don't know why i bother the toys are in it for 2 secs then all over the cage floor :roll:

looks like this ice bucket lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wine-Champagne-Beer-Ice-Bucket-18-10-Stainless-Steel_W0QQitemZ280173174734QQihZ018QQcategoryZ115712QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I use a empty stainless food bowl for Bobbys wooden blocks. He wont play with any thing else.

Ozzy did have a empty bowl but he gone off foot toys. just like his hanging toys.