Sign in to follow this  
Greenwingmax

Can anyone help a blue monk parakeet? - SORTED

Hi everyone,

We were in our local pet shop today, and the owner had a gorgeous blue monk parakeet in. She was telling us that the owner has to sell him/her as the bird does not like her husband.

He/she is a sweet little mite, about five, with toys, so was obviously loved but in a cage that is imo tooo small. The owner wants £80 for him including cage and stand (I didn't see the stand)

Can anyone help out and buy him to give him a good home? I can't take him on as we are emigrating next year so are saving all our money for that, plus the £1500 ish to take our five parrots with us,. aaagh!!.

I would be happy to deliver him within 40 miles or so...

Thanks!

Rachel

Hi everyone,

Paulie phoned me before, I think he may be considering the little quaker (sorry about the abrupt end to the conversation Paulie, my mobile battery conked out!!)

If it doesn't work out with him, I am happy to try to meet you somewhere Leigh, as I said I work all week so it would have to be next weekend. I think Stephie is doing my leg for Kris as it is in the week, so we'd have to schedule something in.

Perhaps Paulie could update us if he goes ahead, over to you mate!!

Thanks to all that offered to help, it cheers my heart to see so many care :D

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

I finally read up that Stephie was doing your leg lol

Thanks if Paulie doesn't go ahead with the little blue i'd be happy to , i adore my little Quakers they drive John mad lol i love it PMSL we are rehoming 2 aviary ones (SCA) soon which will be cool just some more to talk to

Paulie , if you don't go ahead with the little one could you give me a shout thanks

Well hopefully thats anothe out of a pet shop mind you if a woman came to me and said she was getting rid of bird as it doean't lke hubby i'd suggest she re-homes the hubby lol (only joking ;) )

Hi Rachel,

I finally read up that Stephie was doing your leg lol

Thanks if Paulie doesn't go ahead with the little blue i'd be happy to , i adore my little Quakers they drive John mad lol i love it PMSL we are rehoming 2 aviary ones (SCA) soon which will be cool just some more to talk to

Paulie , if you don't go ahead with the little one could you give me a shout thanks

Well hopefully thats anothe out of a pet shop mind you if a woman came to me and said she was getting rid of bird as it doean't lke hubby i'd suggest she re-homes the hubby lol (only joking ;) )

Hi leigh

We are going to have a look at the little one tomorrow, if he is still there, will let you know how we get on :)

Hi Rachel,

What's the joke? I would rehome hubby! :lol::lol:

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

leigh73 wrote:

Hi Rachel,

Well hopefully thats anothe out of a pet shop mind you if a woman came to me and said she was getting rid of bird as it doean't lke hubby i'd suggest she re-homes the hubby lol (only joking )

What's the joke? I would rehome hubby!

so would i but hubby was watching so had to make it look good lol

Paulie , good luck seeing the little one today, hope all goes well , let me know

:D

Cheers

What's the joke? I would rehome hubby! :lol::lol:

I know exactly what you mean - my OM started itching and the Doctor reckons he allergic to the babies.... I will miss him.... :wink:

Here she is :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We've named her Gem, because she is :D

She has settled so well, as if she has always been here.

Dont Let anybody ever tell you that conures are loud,, Quakers beat em hands down, well this one does anyway :lol::lol:

Here she is :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We've named her Gem, because she is :D

She has settled so well, as if she has always been here.

Dont Let anybody ever tell you that conures are loud,, Quakers beat em hands down, well this one does anyway :lol::lol:

Oh yes! Now you know what I mean when I say my quaker and nanday make a gloriously LOUD pair LOL :wink:

Congrats, he looks wonderful.

Quakers are fab and have the most amazing characters and are very social little birds

one of our Quakers Eric used to sit with our Eclectus it was like little and large lol they can be loud little buggers just ask my other half

awww, she's lovely, always wanted a quaker.

Mandy, do your nanday and quaker get on with each other? :-k

Oh yes!! They are two independant birds who never met until Sparky the nanday came here. For a while it was just plain noisy, but then it settled down, and now they just love each other! Here's a pic of them preening. ONly one thing, I dont keep them together. Jade gets very terrotorial and will chase Sparky round, so they have seperate cages but time out together :)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/Mandyd1975/Picture351.jpg

thanks for that mandy (sorry for thread hijack! :oops: ) just thought I would ask as I was thinking of getting a quaker in the hope it'd be friends with Ozzy (as nandays and quakers live together in the wild). I didn't fancy another nanday becuase of the noise but after reading this thread quakers don't sound much better!

its a fact that Quakers are noisy but they are one of the most comical birds you can get one of mine even shouts sorry when he chucks his bowl on the floor , you will never look back once you get a Quaker !