Sign in to follow this  
krisjvv

Rescue from Manchester to Northampton-Monty is Home

The last reported bird on Ebay was a lovely Amazon Bluefront. His name is Monty. I was only just in time to get a message through before it was removed.

The result is that I have neg a price and managed to pursude the owner to let him come and live with me. She was a lovely ladt but......

My problem is now getting him home as soon as possible.

I am quite happy to come up 1/2 way but can not manage the whole trip. I also do not drive in the dark as I am night blind and would be a danger to anyone on the road.

Is there anyone who may be doing this journey in the near future who could help out.

The funds are not a problem. I have blown the xmas budget to hell but just could not do nothing. I would rather give the money to the person collecting on behalf than pay prior.

Hope someone is moving north to south.

There are dozens of members on here that live in and around manchester,im sure someone will offer to collect him and meet you on the m1 somewere........i would drive and get him myself but i drive a 3 litre car and it would cost 80 pounds in petrol

if someone is nearer manchester i could meet them and then i could meet you Kiris

if any of the above made sense lol i know i have to come your way in about 2 weeks but would meet you earlier

I am near Manchester and am happy to help out. I can get him to Leigh if that is any use - although my geography is rubbish, I would need good directions Leigh lol!!

Just let me know if you need me,

Rachel

Rachel I'm just off the M18, junction 1 - I can do a leg if you like - depending on the day. If it works we could meet just off the M1 near Sheffield perhaps.

This fantastic. Name a day next week and will co-ordinate from there. What can I say.

You are all great.

Once we have a day I will arrange with Monty's owner and away we go.

Thanks a million. Really love you Guys

I work all week too.

I can do tomorrow or Sunday, or next Sat or Sunday, or at a push I could set off one evening from work at 5pm. Bearing in mind it is about half an hour to the outskirts of Manchester from here and at least an hour to Sheffield (I think!!). But I will do it if needs be.

Let me know and I will work round you all,

Rachel

Hi all,

Sorry I have very limited computer access over the week-end. Seems they would like Monty moved about mid week during the day.

Can we do anything about Wednesday. As I said I only drive during daylight so how does that work for everyone?

Not back on line untill 7.30 am Monday so can not reply before then

There is no cage so need some sort of carrier. Thats not a problem this end as I have several spare cages of very good size.

Can't wait to get the little guy hear.