Sign in to follow this  
Guest choccyb

2 new birds added to the flock

Guest choccyb

Through rehoming charlie, i discovered a pair of bh caiques in need of a new home. They usually produce rear 2 babies twice a year part parent reared and then hand reared for the last few weeks. I am not experienced in breeding but have my parrots breeder available to help me through it and advice at all steps. They will not be living in the house as I have a room at the back of the garage (heated) which is as from today, the bird room. The female is tame and handleable, the male is not. I have not given them names yet but will do when thin of something suitable lol. This is not for financial gain, but for the love and enjoyment of parrot keeping and will be new experience for me one which I am looking forwards to. Will prob be posting for loads of help on here as time goes on.

Stacey xxxx

Brilliant news great birds as well....there are a few of us here on the forum that have bred Caqiues ......so look forward to joining in your fun :) & offering advice should you need it :wink:

Guest choccyb

Thanks Gary, they have settled in well and the little female is very sweet and quite tame and wont stop ringing the phone lol.

Stacey xxx

Guest choccyb

Names so far have ranged from ok, to just plain crackers lol.

Peter and Jordan, posh and becks, zig and zag, ooops and daisy, mr and mrs bird, batman and robin, and pickle and branston. I think am favouring zig and zag just cos its easier to say but I keep stopping myself from saying yes they are definately called that just in case I think of something else lmao.

Who would have thought it would be so tough thinking of names for animals!!!

Stacey

Guest choccyb

Lol Stephie, my dad suggester george and Mildred yesterday and I was umming and arring over it this afternoon. xxx

Guest choccyb

I think they are going to be Merry and Pippin from Lord of the Rings, (hobbits - small but feisty) I know they were both male but I like the name Merry for the female its sweet and she is adorable. She has been out playing with me today and the only time she bit me was when I was trying to get her out from between my shoulder blades where she stood cos she knew i couldnt reach her to put her back in the cage lol. Rocky did the same when I first got him home. She is very friendly and comes to the front of the cage wherever you are for attention. Am a little worried now that she might be too tame to be a breeding bird lol.

Stacey xxxx

Guest choccyb

Thats good then, I just feel bit guilty thinking I not gonna be interacting with her as much as if she were a "pet" Caique as she is so sweet natured and obviously wants the attention as she jumps onto my hand when I open the cage door.

Its so lovely to see the pair of them snuggled up together though in the evenings before bed, they look like a happy couple.

xxxx

Guest choccyb

Thats a good one, I seen that a few times lol makes me cring and laugh at the same time as Kevin reminds me sooooo much of my brother in his teenage years HA HA. Cant call them that tho as the female is just so sweet she needed a sweet name so she is merry and the male is pippin.

xxx