Sign in to follow this  
debrambell

Amazing- I thought

today seen Cher, while on perch inside cage take her beak grab onto side of cage and do her big fluff up wing flap. seems like she wanted to make sure she didn't fall but needed that BIG stretch of the wings. to me it was cool to witness. :D:D

Willow had a couple of manic wing flaps this morning, clinging onto my finger and not letting go - apparantly for the joy of it. Each one lasted quite a while and she was a touch out of breath for a few seconds after.

Debra,

How is the flying practice coming on - any more crashes lol??

Rachel :D

Sonny and Cher still have "fright flights" but no longer crashing into walls and windows. (knock on wood) they both have their full flight feathers now and they are quite good navigators flying through arch ways and missing kitchen ceiling light. :D

thanks for asking

Ah bless them! They will be raiding the fridge next.

Do they get up on your balcony?...If I had one of those it would be mulch by now lol.

Only our 'tiel flaps in his cage, he falls off the perch sometimes, I will tell him he has to hang on..... :)

No balcony yet :D rubytoo

to this date they still only have fright flights but no longer the crash, bang, thuds. they only seem to fly straight and fast as they can trying to get away from the "fly fart". once they make their get-a-way they start circling seeking a place to land....avoiding walls, windows, fridges [-o<

I think they sorta got the idea, "gee not there, that hurts," after numerous times of trying to fly through them. also I did do the walk around and introduction of me tap and saying "No." probably they didn't understand a thing I was saying but maybe a hint.

visited your pics---OH ya those Too's would have a field day in my house :D:D