Sign in to follow this  
gaffer

my bird was plucking santa come early

my cag started plucking i took her the vets asap

he stated that the bird was healthy in every other way he wanted to give her diazipam a member of the benzodiazapine family highly addicted i wouldnt let him perscribe it .

So we compromised on coli calm i had no joy

step number 2 was to put some stuff on her harrisons she wouldnt eat the part with it on no joy

he suggested i try palm oil i tried it only 89p a tub within 1 month my bird as no collar on and as all its feathers back and is doing well as at 1 time i was manually doing her pruning for half hour a day as i didnt want to stress her when i 1st seen the plucking i was crying and not ashamed to say it but for those people who have the same problems with pluck keep at it as youll soon find out what works for your bird i will be reducing they oil shortly but thats a nice early xmas presssy for me thank you santa hello bud if you read this lol

Great news about the plucking! I buy the palm nut oil from ASDA, it is a very dodgy colour but the birds love it and try as I might they will not eat palm nuts.

I guess no-one told Miller it is his natural diet above my dinner!!!

Rachel

My lot all love their palm nuts it's the first thing they eat in the morning closely followed by the walnuts.

Mine like the palm oil melted in the microwave and poured over their pulses, fruit or veg.