Sign in to follow this  
laumcar

Worried! - will work on the house upset my bird?

Thursday coming we are getting a central heating upgrade, Friday re-wired then nothing till monday when we are getting a new kitchen fitted! Work is goign to be getting done till tue/wed!! Im really worried about spikey :? Ive been told not to move him to anyones house during the work but how will he cope from 7.30 till 4pm covered all the time cos of the dust? And then there is the noise, i really dont know what to do :( Ive not to be in the house either and i dont want to leave him with all that going on. What can i do that wont cause him any stress?

Thanks xx

I think I would be tempted to let him go on holiday for a week it certainly has to be better than being covered up all day in a noisy, dusty enviroment with nobody who he knows.

Do you have any friends or family who could help out?

I think I would be tempted to let him go on holiday for a week it certainly has to be better than being covered up all day in a noisy, dusty enviroment with nobody who he knows.

Do you have any friends or family who could help out?

My mum is across the road but she is having the exact same work done at the same time :roll: My gran is is down the road and she would watch him for me if i wanted. He is 17 weeks and he has only been here for 3 weeks :? he is very very attached to me and i dont want him to think im abandoning him :cry: , he wont tolerate anyone else. I could go to my grans to see him often so would that help?

If it`s not suitable for you to be in the house it`s not suitable for your bird to in it !

I feel like im getting a row there :shock:

Im olny asking cos i was told by someone who has lived with parrots for 10 years not to move him but i think it would be best to move him and im only seeking advice :?

Laumcar,

You really need to move him, I have friends who had work done like that and their parrot plucked all his chest feathers out wih the fright, dust and noise. You could perhaps stay with him a your gran's as much as possible, he won't mind too much and it is much safer for him there!

Good luck with the work,

Rachel

Laumcar,

You really need to move him, I have friends who had work done like that and their parrot plucked all his chest feathers out wih the fright, dust and noise. You could perhaps stay with him a your gran's as much as possible, he won't mind too much and it is much safer for him there!

Good luck with the work,

Rachel

Thanks rachel im going to move him to my grans then, ill break the news to her tomorrow :lol::lol:

Best decision all round. I cant understand why someone who has 10 years of experience would tell you to leave the bird at home all day on it's own in all that dust and noise! That is just ridiculous! Definately definately needs to be out that house I'm afraid.

Best decision all round. I cant understand why someone who has 10 years of experience would tell you to leave the bird at home all day on it's own in all that dust and noise! That is just ridiculous! Definately definately needs to be out that house I'm afraid.

I know! I didnt want to leave him in the house and thats why i asked in here. Even when the workers came round to do a check of the house they said ''what are you doing with the parrot'' i said i was just going to cover him, they said well dont be surprised if you take his cover off and he is at the bottom of the cage :shock: :evil: one look from me and they said, ''time for us to go now''! Least he will be safe at my grans, ill visit him everyday :(

He'll be fine at your grans and he will know you haven't abandoned him as you'll be able to visit every day.

Well done for caring enough to come on and ask what would be best for him and good luck with the work.

He'll be fine at your grans and he will know you haven't abandoned him as you'll be able to visit every day.

Well done for caring enough to come on and ask what would be best for him and good luck with the work.

Aww thanks very much :wink: xx