Sign in to follow this  
maxnjake

Looking for a vet Hertfordshire

Well the title gives it away i guess, but yes! i am looking for a Avian vet in Hertfordshire, my local vet does not specialize in birds and from what I'm hearing it is pretty essential to have a specialized and preferably recommended vet for my birds.

If anyone can recommend a vet in the Herts area I'd be very grateful.

Thanks MMM.

Seems there is a vet in every County but here, Hertfordshire has one of the formost vet training facilities in the uk," the Royal vet college" but it would seem that once they graduate they move away or deal with "normal" pets. Why?? :o Herts is quite a nice place to live and work. :lol:

No Emergency at the momment, but better to be prepared eh.

It seems that in the case of emergancy i can take the birds to The Royal Vet College, so for anyone in the herts area it is open to the public. (well at least in an emergency it seems) :?

Seems there is a vet in every County but here, Hertfordshire has one of the formost vet training facilities in the uk," the Royal vet college" but it would seem that once they graduate they move away or deal with "normal" pets. Why??

Vets don`t graduate as Avian vets they graduate as vets go away and get experiance ,and then do further training to become qualified in "Exotic species" and /or birds !

Guest Jane Doe

According to Parrots magazine (they have a list of avain and avain interest vets) there's one called

Yves Gisseleire, his qualifactions are DVM CERTSAD, MRVS

I'v got no idea what CERTSAD is , avain vets tend to have things like CERTZOOMED OR FRVS, guess you'd have to ask what it means.

I pm'd Kleopatra about vets in herts and she said she used Yves Gisseleire, but her bird died due to incompetance, so i think i'm gonna use Lawtons in Romford, they seem to be well recommended.

Thanks cgm, I did notice that the address is indeed stated as Harold Wood, Romford, Essex, RM3 0Qs, I take it Harold Wood is In Romford :? But i don't know the area so can't say for sure. :wink:

Guest Jane Doe

I'v removed the address and phone number from that ad, don't want anyone seeing that without reading the rest of the topic and going there on the off chance. There's also a qualified avain vet at Upminster called the wylie veterinary surgery, vet is William Lewis, he does work for London zoo as well, probably a bit far away from you though but worth knowing about.