Sign in to follow this  
Mastiffmum

Are we making headway?

Well Louis has been with us for a few weeks, it still quite wary, although takes food from our fingers, but not step up or let us touch him. This morning, let him out of his cage and he sat on top which is right next to the tv (on wall on a bracket) and there he is listening, cocking his head to one side, taking in Sponge Bob Square pants, so I decided to give his cage a thorough clean. Well as I am bent over trying to get his top perch back in, I could feel something near my head, I looked up and there's my little man only a couple of inches away from my head. So I lowered my head a little and talked very softly to him and he started 'grooming' my hair! To say I was surprised, was an understatement! He's still very nervous so was really surprised at this. Obviously I was concerned as I didn't want him to get any loose hair in his mouth, but to me that was a great achievement. Just wanted to share this joyous moment!!!

Do you think this means he is beginning to trust me?

Guest choccyb

Congratulations. Mango does that to me every time I bend down to do his cage, without him being an inch away lol. xxxxx

Awwww that's so cute, you are well on your way!

Jsut dont do what I did, I was cleaning cages, and forgot I was doing Iolo's cage (not very tame), so when I felt something by my head I automatically came up and kissed the beak! I was like OMG did I just do that? I dont know who was more surprised, me or Iolo! ROFL :lol:

Well, my trip to the garden centre for a new toy for Louis ended up costing me a fortune.... AGAIN! I really must get some of the kits and make some myself.

Anyway, 'the bloke' was rather miffed when I told him that Louis had preened me, considering that I bought Louis for his birthday! I think he was feeling left out. So when my little man was out of his cage last night, Lee went over to the cage and bent down talking softly as I had done earlier and Louis preened him too! So needless to say, no more sulking because I was the favourite.