Sign in to follow this  
Pottys Mum

New words and phrases...

Merlin has gone mad over the past few weeks and new words and phrases are coming thick and fast:

Where are you?

Oh, there you are!

Greeny-beanies!

Hello, Piper! (a bit sad, that one)

Mabel babe!

I'm going for a bath!

...go to work! (Hasn't quite got the beginning...I've got to...)

:P

great isnt it.....alot of people think that the great talkers have been bombarded with repetitive words,ie.sit in front of them saying pretty boy..but ive found its not the case,most sounds,words and phrases are picked out of everyday life.....you can say hello to a bird a million times but he/she will say it if and when they decide

great isnt it.....alot of people think that the great talkers have been bombarded with repetitive words,ie.sit in front of them saying pretty boy..but ive found its not the case,most sounds,words and phrases are picked out of everyday life.....you can say hello to a bird a million times but he/she will say it if and when they decide

Absolutely right Vikky, although both methods do work.

Susie has been trying to teach Merlin to sing "Are you going to Scarborough Fair..." So far he just sits there going, " Are.... Are...Are..." :lol: but from past experience, one day he'll suddenly add the rest on perfectly.

ive been trying to learn my greys to count, ive got as far as if i say one he says two, ive been trying on the number three for months, but with no avail

the other day i couldnt belive my ears, when i left the room charley counted to seven!!!!!!!!!!

the little sod ,apparently when i asked a former owner hes always been able to count,think he was trying to pull my leg!

god these birds never cease to amaze me!!!!!!!!!