Sign in to follow this  
bcltb10

is it good to leave tv or radio on

lol if you gonna leave the tv on for him.......at least dont put the poor bird through the news lol...........seriously...........we leave the tv on for ours,but i must admit,we get freeview and usually leave on cbeebies or a video channel...but i suppose at least if you leave it on the news he will be the most upto date birdie on current affairs,and will probably beat you at general knowlege quizes at christmas lmao

we do a lot of laughing in our house,as you will usually tell from ollies videos,our birds love the cartoons too,they like cbeebies with all the kiddies songs and stuff and dancing around.....

If you have sky, look through the digital radio stations. There is a wicked kiddies station on during the day with nursery rhymes, sing-alongs, etc etc. Birdies love it!

Do tell, whats it called ?

:lol: Way to go kenzo! Anything you can do to help reduce the household expenses will mean more tasty goodies for you. :D

I would always recommend a radio rather than the TV, unless you have a plasma screen.

There's an interesting piece by Ron Vet on this old thread. It explains what a parrot sees when watching a TV.

Is there anyone out there who can say whether what it says is still true as we change to digital???

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/120-no-subject/

I have read that before that tv screens are not good for the birds. What I didnt realise was that it also applied to fluorescent lighting. UV lighting for the birds is fluorescent so could this cause stress problems, its got me thinking :?

:wink: we have plasma...running hd...so i guess were safe :wink:i think with modern hi def plasma tv's running high resolution that the info in that piece doesnt apply anymore but dont take my word for it :wink:

I have read that before that tv screens are not good for the birds. What I didnt realise was that it also applied to fluorescent lighting. UV lighting for the birds is fluorescent so could this cause stress problems, its got me thinking :?

Just linking this thread to Paulie's follow up one on fluorescent lighting :D

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/14758-fluorescent-lighting/