Sign in to follow this  
Clareg22

Moving House

Hi All,

We are moving house on 14th December :shock: and wondered if anyone has any tips / suggestions regarding what we can / should do to make it easier for Mackie (CAG)??

Thanks Clare

ooh it's hard work isn't it, when we moved last year we had 3 parrots all in separate cages to bring. We left them till last in their big cages among all the boxes, then put them in travel cages (which Zelda was not happy about!) while we collapsed the big cages, tried to squeeze cages in whatever little space was left in the van then the birds came in cars with us. Then when we got to the new house the first things out and to be built were the big cages and got the birds straight back in.

And they settled in straight away, I don't think they really even realised they had moved, lol. Well I suppose the furniture and stuff was all the same.

How far away is your new house? Hope you don't have too much of a journey.

thanks for the tips, it around a 30 min drive so hopefully not too bad for Mackie (or us!) We're getting a removal company so they can take his and the rabbits cage etc and we'll take them in their travel cages. So much to do and my husband is out of the country from next week until the day after the move - I must be mad!!