Sign in to follow this  
Guest choccyb

Parrot behaviour

Guest choccyb

Mango and Rocky have started some odd behaviour between themselves and i wondered if anyone could tell me why or what they are doing.

They are in a side by side cage and keep "beaking" each other through the partition (No noise screeching or otherwise) and now Rocky keeps shoving most of his foot and leg through the bars to get Mango who then gives rocky a little preen on his head or leg or whichever bit of Rocky he can get to. They are not being agressive so I wondered why they are doing this. Has just started happening in the last few days.

Stacey xxx

I have a Caique and a Grey who behave like this. They love each other and the Caique will play with his foot lifting it up and waving it towards the Grey. This seems to be the caiques request for a preen as the Grey will then start preening the Caique. In return the Caique uses both his feet and his beak to preen him back. They beak each other too but always in a friendly way.

Guest choccyb

Thats a relief. It is funny to watch, and funny how they chose to be friends now that they are separated again into a double cage rather than sharing the cage as they did for a while.

Maybe having that space to themselves has made them appreciate each others company whent they choose rather than being in each others faces all the time.

Thanks for your help.

Stacey xxxx