Sign in to follow this  
Della

HELP

There was a spot of blood in toms droppings this moring and now i'm a compleat mess.

Hes fine and his behaviour is normal but there was a dark red watery part of his poo and martins not home from work until 6 so i can't get him to the vets until then IF they are even open then!

I phoned the vets and they said bring him in and they will have a look but i can't until martin gets home.

Toms compleatly obliviose to the fact that i'm freaking out!

I think its cos he was chewing the phone wire while i was on the phone yester day. i took huim off it and placed him away but he didn't spit out the chunk he had bitten off so i think he's swallowed it.

What do I do?? I know i have to get him to the vets but i have to wait until martins home!

HELP

Guest linds

can't you get a taxi? if you think he's chewed a piece of wire then there's blood in his poo, I wouldn't wait until 6. Don't mean this cheeky but if it was a person you wouldn't wait so don't for your bird. If you can't get a taxi, is there someone you could maybe ask for a lift, a neighbour or a friend. Is his behaviour normal? is he quiet? the main thing is try not to panic, i'm sure if you give the vet a call and say you can only get him there after 6, they may still see you but charge you extra for out of hours.

My friend is going to run me. Its not the wire hes injested its a bit of rubber i think, hes normal and acting as if theres nothing wrong.

I'll let you all know what they say. His droppings are normal now and he passed a small peice of rubber about 2 hours ago and now the bleeding has stopped. I'm always so careful i can't belive this is happening.

I feel like a real prat!

Toms been having fresh blue berries and rasberrys. Apparently its because of that. I'm not too convinced so we are going back on friday just to make sure, I'd rather know for certain that there is nothing wrong.

Lets just hope the vet was right and that i'm overreating

really though you should have seen my face when he asked what fruit hes been having. Though I'm still not convinced, Id rather be safe in the knowlegde that hes ok rather than second guessing a desicion that i should have done something about.

Guest linds

lol great news, i remember the first time jaffa and ruby had beetroot, you can imagine :roll: :lol:

Guest Gwydhyel

I feel like a real prat!

Toms been having fresh blue berries and rasberrys. Apparently its because of that. I'm not too convinced so we are going back on friday just to make sure, I'd rather know for certain that there is nothing wrong.

Lets just hope the vet was right and that i'm overreating

My brother and I were rushed to hospital when we were young, because we were vomiting "blood" and passing "blood". In reality, we had been scrumping the local park for elderberries, and had eaten a couple of pounds each. We got a good hiding when we were allowed home, and I have never touched an elderberry since. :oops:

I did wonder if he'd been having a lot of 'red' food. Its unusual for a parrot to swallow something hard which they've chewed. That first poo after a lot of blueberries is scary! :oops:

Well we went yesterday and this vet was lovely. He checked him over and gave him a big thumbs up. He said he was a very nice bird and lovely and tame ( Gary :) ). He said he feared the worst when i descibed it on the phone but after seeing him it it definitly not conure bleeding sydrome. He said it might be a small lump on the inside of his cloaica (sp?). He had a look and he souldn't see anything and if it happend again that i should come in and he'd have a closer look.

All in all though he said he was a lovely healthy bird.

Thank god.

X