Sign in to follow this  
-TonyB-

The Rox has landed :)

Just a quick pic of my new baby. After months of agonizing over a new parrot - I decided on a GW. She hatched on 10 th July, and has been here for a week. Things were a bit tense for the first couple of days, but she is now eating everything I put infront of her (and she eats a LOT). Ink's (CAG) seems to be ok with her, they still havent met 'beak to beak' but he is talking and preening in his cage while she is out attacking toys :)

This morning she surprised me and greeted me with a clear - 'hello'. Perhaps Ink's has been teaching her :)

Her name is Roxy which I think suits her.

Posted Image[/img]

must admit i am nervous of them but she is gorgeous i love the name roxy my ambulance buddy used to called me that cos i played hooker for a ladies rudby team lol

She's beautiful and what a great name :D We have the same as you, a CAG and then a greenwing whose been with us a year this month. You're in for alot of fun with her, but do watch your woodwork, skirtings, door frames etc :shock: (we've gotten used to the "lived-in", ie, trashed look!) :lol: Our GW Chilli is like a toddler with a set of bolt cutters :twisted: Wonderful temperament but full of mischief as soon as your back's turned for a matter of seconds!

Can't wait to hear how Roxy gets on with Ink's.

She is so much fun and is obsessed with looking out of the window. Thankfully she isnt on display from the road. She will sit there and play with her toys all day if I let her.

Have been working on the 'poo poo' thing, and twice today she has gone when I placed her on the stand and said those magic words.

Of course she is eating me out of house and home, there has been no biting and no temper tantrums - which puts Ink's to shame.

Im really pleased with her - well OK, she is blinking great, but dont tell Ink's :)