Sign in to follow this  
Whiz

Toys for Zu

Hi everybody,

I'd like some advice please.

Zu likes to sit right up high in my conservatory roof, the only problem is, there's nothing to do up there. I'm thinking of getting him a large toy that I can suspend for him to play on/with. I would've liked a cargo net but it's a little large and would take up too much room, width wise, as the toy will be suspended in the middle of the conservatory!!

Has anyone got any suggestions please.

Apologies if there are threads with this info on.

Alison and Zu :D

Guest Gwydhyel

Try one of the hanging playstands that I bought recently. Lola and Summer love it, and all it needs is a strong hook to suspend it from.

Posted Image

Hi there,

Thanks for the great pics. Where did you get it from? That's the sort of thing I meant, a hanging playstand.

Thanks again

Alison

Guest Gwydhyel

I got mine from ebay - see item number 120177102785 (Can't post the link - it is huge!). It is the only toy my two parrots use every day. I like it better than the open rings, because it has a proper base to that I fill with shredded paper to absorb poops. Also, you can add other hanging toys to it.

A friend of mine came to see it because he wanted to make one for his grey, but said he couldn't make it for that price - time and materials considered.

That is nice Gwydhyel, and has a base to catch stuff too.

this link is another kind

http://www.midland-parrots.com/large-java-tower-164-p.asp

Though it is annoying when they just put small, medium or large, and not measured dimensions.

We do tend to think of these things as expensive but like your friend pointed out, getting the materials, time and ability to make it....

Check and see if Yvonne makes these things?

http://pine4parrots.co.uk/default.aspx

Buy the right size of cargo net (hole wise) and either cut a bit off, or could you not make four fixing points and have it higher and horizontal or looped/draped slightly?