Sign in to follow this  
Harry's Mummy

Help anyone awake Harry's beaks bleedin?

MMM just seen this on a post I did in Sept and this was your reply

Sorry, was off the forum and trying to mend my Outlook Express.

It does look a little long and I've seen beaks before like that ...... beaks grow from the inside layers out so the outside flakes but the inner can get long and pointy sometimes.

I wouldn't think about trimming just yet as it may snap off in one by itself with some chewy play ( = not a problem unless it bleeds which is unlikely).

Looks like it has snapped off, its not pouring but its enough..... :?

Just checked Harry and the bleedin has stopped, and he is okay in himself nattering away as normal, and trying to nick my ring, so I can only presume his beak isnt sore, but obviously I will be keeping a very close eye on him....right back off to bed for a couple of hours now panic is over.....

Guest showgirl

Cant sleep..just seen this..as long as the bleeding has stopped, i wouldnt be too worried, just keep an eye on things. xx

A long time ago an avian vet (can't remember who it was) gave me this first aid tip for a bleeding beak or toe-nail (ie bleeding from the end, as a result of clipping or breaking off) - get an in-use bar of soap (that will be a tiny bit 'slimy') and just run the toe-nail or beak across the soap; a small amount will be scraped off and will block the bleeding end, giving it time to clot and then heal by itself. Hope that makes sense?

I did consider that last night, I dabbed it a couple of times and harry was fine with that, and checked him every 5 mins and there wasnt any other signs of blood or that he was in any distress, I decided to let it heal naturally, and he is nattering away as normal watching Tom & Jerry on Boomerang!!!

What were you doing up at sillyoclock anyway?!

I wasnt meant to be up, and normally nothing will wake me up that time of the morning, but I just woke up and felt I had to come downstairs to check Harry.......dont know how I knew, even Dave said to me how comes you woke up......guess it was a sixth sense......not the first time!

I know, seriously though I slept through the bug hurricane years ago, didnt know a thing about it, we have had a car on fire outside the house complete with 2 fire engines making a racket and I didnt hear a thing!!!! But last night I just had to get up, last time it happened it was last year with Becks I woke up early knowing the vet would ring and tell me I had lost my baby and within minutes the vet did ring....I knew my grandad died before anyone told me, and I knew Dave's best mate died before he did, dont know how......odd but there have been more spooky things than that.....

And your mind has probably been a bit extra sensetive at the moment because of Becks anniversary too.

{{{{jackie}}}}

So glad harry is well hun x

Im a very sceptical believer in the spirit world but when you get signs like that you should give thanks. The other week I was feeling down which is quite rare for me, and I really physically felt someone rub my hair.. in the way maybe a parent would. I automatically thought it was Dave's late dad so I turned round and said out loud "thanks". Ive read many books on the subject and was told that a spirit would (if they do exist) appreciate that because they cannot read our minds so we must physically say it out loud.

I felt a bit daft saying it but was on my own and thought it would do no harm.

Think your right about , my mind feeling extra sensitve as well, been trying to rearrange the muddle going on in there to adjust from grief to see it as a celebration of his life.....

Found out today as well that my dads dog had a stroke last night, and she had to be put to sleep, spoke to him today and my step mum and both was crying their eyes out, gawd dogs ay......

Your not daft about saying things like that out loud, I do that all the time, something happened the other day, cant remember what it was now, but I remember saying Thanks Nan.....

I am not a believer in Heaven or hell and all that stuff, and my own personal belief is that once your dead your dead.......but as long as you carry the people around in your heart then they will always be there......does that sort of make sense.

Thanks for the hug hun - needed that xx

I believe a spirit is what you describe it as.......... the memory of a person. We all get feelings and stuff, I just think it is impossible for something so powerful to just dissapear.

I dont believe mediums are communicating with the dead, I think they are just intune with our subconscience better than we are.

In the same way Kelly Holmes is a faster runner than me lol

So it did make sense then - good!

Harry has been a little quieter than normal tonight, but he is eating fine........think it maybe the fireworks to be honest, and the dogs freaking out....why he is quieter, I just wont put his cartoons on in the morning and if he shouts at me then I know he is okay for sure!

Dont know if i ever mentioned this on here but when my oldest was about 3 he started having night terrors and would 'wake up' screaming and nothing could comfort him, untill he started to stop screaming and start to laugh. When we asked him why he was laughing he said the nice man chased the bad things away and was doing funny things to make him laugh! Now this freaked me out a little but he grew out of it and it was forgotten. we were at mums one day and she got out loads of old photos that she had upstairs that my son had never seen and he picked up a photo of my grandad who died 10 years before my son was born and said its the funny man that chases the dreams away. He had never seen my grandad in photos as i didnt have any and this was the first time my mum had got them out, so how did he know the man in the photos?

I am not sure what i beleive to be honest, it is a subject that i find facinating though, my auntie told me when i asked why my grandad didnt show himself to me that i didnt need to see him.

aww bless what a comforting memory for you!

My eldest had an imaginary friend who he named "bameylan" and we still wind him up about it now lol, but when he first invented him I told my mum and she told me I had one too called "John".

My invention was obviously not as adventurous as my sons lol!!!

Although I did have a lovely uncle John who died when I was 14, perhaps the name was special.