Sign in to follow this  
vikky

fruit flies

What with the success of my homemade wasp catchers over the summer its seems now that the damn fruit flys are invading the house,this year seems to be bad for them for some reason so heres a way to catch em.......

once your birdies fruit n veg bowl is removed for the night place the trap/s on ledges near there cage/s

roll a piece of newspaper into a funnel making sure its diameter is big enough so it doesnt drop through the jar.The pointed end of the funnel needs a real small gap in it just about the size of a fruit fly.

Put some chopped sweet soft (bad even better or bruised)fruit into a jam jar about an inch will do and pop in the funnel making sure there are no gaps around the jar lip.......hey presto sit back and watch the little devils get stuck :D heres a pic ...complete with flies :lol:once youve got a good loads take em outside and let them fly away :lol:

Posted Image

Ardap spray... That kills them and every other nasty flying buggy thing going...

the spray will probably kill your birds too :(

thankyou for the tip vikky, i havent had any fruit flys this year yet, but id be tempted to put the lid on it after they were in and put the beggers in the recycling bin :oops: :lol:

ooh good idea vikki, I might make one of them. Although we had most of them in the summer, they are not so bad now.... all living in the wormery and everytime you take the lid off they all come out in a big cloud and make a beeline for the house!!

ooh good idea vikki, I might make one of them. Although we had most of them in the summer, they are not so bad now.... all living in the wormery and everytime you take the lid off they all come out in a big cloud and make a beeline for the house!!

:lol: Don't you mean a fruitflyline? :oops:

Sorry - just worked three nights - overtired!

Ardap spray... That kills them and every other nasty flying buggy thing going...

the spray will probably kill your birds too :(

Ardap is perfectly safe around birds.

http://www.everythingforpets.com/quiko_ardap_universal_pest_spray.pet/use.id.5.item_id.2194.dept.4/

If you look at the bottom of this advert, you will see that it says safe around birds and other animals..

Potty's Mum!!!

time flies like an arrow

fruit flies like a banana

Now I have coffee up my nose and all over the place :roll: :lol:

That is a good idea and method Vikky.

made me giggle too lol!!!!! :lol: