Sign in to follow this  
sparkkwing

'Poopy' tips and wrinkles

:roll: As I sit here, besotted with my new baby, I am also aware I am fighting a loosing battle with birdy poop, which seems to have maximum stickability, especially when initially missed and therefore has a chance to solidify.

And yes - have already managed to go out, not realising the streak down my back......! :oops:

The gush running down my neck this morning was an interesting experience too! :?

I know I can hopefully train her to go in certain areas, but at the moment, cannot seem to put enough paper down, and washing machine on 24/7.

So all poop scoop tips please!

:roll: As I sit here, besotted with my new baby, I am also aware I am fighting a loosing battle with birdy poop

i'm afraid i lost that battle a long time ago and am still looking for "how to toilet train a parrot thread!!!!!!"

as always MMM has the answer, thanks MMM it has some usefull tips that i will try! One of our rescue greys NEVER goes in a cage and just amuses himself elsewhere lol and birdy poop has become an issue lol, the onlt thing is i can't try newspaper when i am out as he shreds the lot, we went to meet Alan h one day come back and he had shredded OK mag, the ad mag and the local paper so i may hire himout to offices lol

ta for the thread MMM

Ha ha! Seem this is a common situation!. Its the ones in the hair that bug me most lol! Certainly don't expect too much of her when she is so little. (And guess I can 'expect' as much as I like, it may not happen).

Yes I know the ones in my hair are avoided if she is not on my head - but she is an expert of sneaking up there all the same. Today onwards, she is learning my head is a no no, alot of grumbles on her part when removed with a gentle 'no'. Judging by the look in her eyes, it just makes it all the more fun though lol.

She does have the tendancy to do lots of small poos, but have noticed big ones in the cage, obviously fresh, in the morning. Lovely! Well at least it doesn't seem to smell - thank god!

Has anyone tried those birdy diapers I have seen advertised on the net?

Guest Jane Doe

When my hen TAG is out of the birdroom I taught her to poo down the toilet by saying go potty, don't know how I did it, think she must just be an intelligant bird! You could try this and do a little wiggle and make a squelch/rasberry type noise so she gets the hint :)

What's the wrinkle bit mean? :? I hear boots perfect and protect beauty serum is good stuff :lol:

Ha ha! Havn't a clue how that expression originated - but I suppose it means the wisdom of age by 'wrinkles'. Got some perfect and protect - and a few wrinkles - and I like to think 'wisdom'. Getting older has GOT to have SOME benefits......hasn't it?

Nearly managed a whole day personally poop free! Off to work in a mo, to a 'challenging behaviour' unit - and poo can be an issue there too.

Guest Jane Doe

I nearly went out today with birds poo on my trouser legs, luckily I got it out with poop off spray, very handy stuff that! :P

We have been saying "poop" every time Benjie does one and he has just started copying that when in the cage... but AFTER he has done the dirty deed lol. They do attach words to actions (who says parrots cannot talk they only mimic... pah!) Im absolutely sure with time when we take him out of the cage and say "poop" he will "poop"! :)

Anyone recommend anything for the cleaning of poopy areas on carpet/clothes. Luckily my current 'furnishings' are very unimportant. Infact I tend to find that I only notice dust build up etc. when someone is coming round, and have never been known for my tidyness, but its nice to be able to sit down on a poop free area now isn't it?

Would just like to say that although I am untidy - I am not un-hygenic (word doesn't look right but you know what I mean). Just got more stuff than places to put it ha ha! Have clear ups but can guarantee I will chuck out something only to then find a good use for it.

Right then, things to do today - 1. Order 10 gallons poop-off spray (ok - a couple of bottles, or maybe one for each room). Infact my entire day will be filled with things parroty funnily enough (lovely).

Well, am happy to say that the poop situation was probably being made worse by too sudden change of diet (and letting her have mashed pototoe made with milk - she was begging so much!) In other words my fault. Found a picture of various 'stool' examples and she definately had a touch of squits, but all fine now.

Willow and I are learning together!

the best tip i have is.....

To allways have tissue in your pocket and try to wear "bird" clothes so that if you are going out and you go in for a cuddle just slip a jumper on over your dress.

I looked lovely with a giant hoody on over a ball gown but tom is rather cute and i couldn't resist one last cuddle before i went!