Sign in to follow this  
Angelang

Early Christmas question

Lol I'm trying to plan early.

Anyway, just wondering whether anyone here takes special precautions about Xmas decorations and parrots. My husband has mentioned this morning that we wouldn't be able to have the tree this year, and I'm thinking that surely we'd be ok with our fake tree, it's just that some of the decorations might be more chewable than others and so best left in the box. And we wouldn't be able to put any chocs on the tree. Aqua and Jinpei (GCCs) will no doubt be into the shiny stuff a lot more than my cockatiels ever were, so what's a safe way to decorate while still being able to decorate?

Ah good MMM found the old christmas chestnuts...

Good for you angulang planning ahead.

Don't you believe about 'tiels not getting into trouble.

Many years ago, ( at my mothers house) our cockatiel Max went behind a big tree. and refused to come out.

We had to pull out all the presents and move a big wobbly fully decked tree to get to him :lol:

We celebrate Christmas Day itself for the kids but our special day (for the supposedly grown-ups) is Winter Solstice when we traditionally camp in the Hills and have a bonfire etc.

Over the years it has worked well as we get our day and can then totally devote Christmas Day to the children of the family

Bah Humbug! Is their no escape? Even Google changes it's logo to include a rubbishy cartoon snowman!

Its everywhere - and fuelled by profit! There should be a law preventing Xmas starting before 20th December, and that's generous. At least I don't have to dread the toy adverts anymore as mine grown up! However judging how Willow just loves hair, maybe a 'My Little Pony'....... and surely a large christmas tree is the ultimate on any parrot's wish list, especially with lots of baubles and bells and chocolate - probably wouldn't see the bird again until well into Boxing Day......

But seriously, are christmas trees poisonous and I won't even start on all the hazards to be found in decorations.